Tool's New Album, Finally!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sub arrived. Can crank now and it was the first album I tried out. Uncalibrated, but good to hear the songs with some bass lol. Chocolate Chip Trib sounds great.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
TOOL's 'Fear Inoculum' debuts number 1 on Billboard 200 chart

Remarkably, Fear Inoculum’s big debut is a now-rare example of a No. 1 album without the assistance of a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer, any sort of album pre-order/pre-sale access code promotion, or a single merchandise/album bundle -- all of which have become the norm for most major albums in recent years as artists struggle to sell albums through more old-fashioned or traditional methods.

I love this new album.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
TOOL's 'Fear Inoculum' debuts number 1 on Billboard 200 chart

Remarkably, Fear Inoculum’s big debut is a now-rare example of a No. 1 album without the assistance of a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer, any sort of album pre-order/pre-sale access code promotion, or a single merchandise/album bundle -- all of which have become the norm for most major albums in recent years as artists struggle to sell albums through more old-fashioned or traditional methods.

I love this new album.
If only I could find it yet!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those PhaseTechs I patched up just passed the "Chocolate Chip Trip" test. The more I listen to them the more I like them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those PhaseTechs I patched up just passed the "Chocolate Chip Trip" test. The more I listen to them the more I like them.
Update: They failed the "Chocolate Chip Trip" test. I blew a damn woofer. They were sounding really good too... damnit.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Update: They failed the "Chocolate Chip Trip" test. I blew a damn woofer. They were sounding really good too... damnit.
Damn it!!!
It’s like when your CR-250 has never run better. You know she about to blow up. lol. Ok not the same but damn that sucks.
Btw, the KAPPAS as I remember were really amazing

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn it!!!
It’s like when your CR-250 has never run better. You know she about to blow up. lol. Ok not the same but damn that sucks.
Btw, the KAPPAS as I remember were really amazing
Yeah it sucks. I don't think your analogy is too far off the mark because the feeling is about the same. Tell you what tho, it's made me appreciate my Ultras a little more. There ain't no fukkin' way they'd blow at -5 volume in full range. They eat that poop up, ask for more and really keep their composure even getting into ridiculous volumes.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally picked up the CD yesterday and listened to it. I really REALLY like it. I find this work much better than APC last kick at the can.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The wife tried to get tix for the show in San Antonio, but couldn't get them, sold out fast!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They're only coming to Sac and LA this part of the tour, so I guess I will have to wait. I saw APC last year though :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They're coming here soon, but the tickets are $250 for okay seats and over $500 for good seats. I'm gonna have to pass.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh be still my quivering heart! Can this mean what I think it means..?

Tool Has 'Tons Of Material' For Possible Follow-Up To 'Fear Inoculum', Says Danny Carey

Any fan knows not to let an off hand statement like that get us TOO excited. Tool has a history of statements like this that turn out leading nowhere, but man... Danny was the first one to start hinting at Fear Inoculum. How cool would it be to get a follow up next year! They should! We waited long enough for FI. My fingers are crossed!

I would have posted this earlier but I think I swooned...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh be still my quivering heart! Can this mean what I think it means..?

Tool Has 'Tons Of Material' For Possible Follow-Up To 'Fear Inoculum', Says Danny Carey

Any fan knows not to let an off hand statement like that get us TOO excited. Tool has a history of statements like this that turn out leading nowhere, but man... Danny was the first one to start hinting at Fear Inoculum. How cool would it be to get a follow up next year! They should! We waited long enough for FI. My fingers are crossed!

I would have posted this earlier but I think I swooned...
Lol!
That would be super awesome. They have to have tons of material. They’re TOOL for crying out loud!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wonder what the sales breakdown is so far by each type of media....saw something about first week being maybe 270,000 units but didn't provide a breakdown. They seem to expect it to hold steady for the second week, tho so is this all digital downloads in the second week or are people paying the $150 at Amazon for the bundle? I see the CD at $36 at Walmart but out of stock....does Amazon have this download for sale at CD quality with their new service?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis