Well, you are the Doc. However, after doing a little reading on my own I think what I have is a staph infection. This is due to the time frame and the symptoms I have had. The first was nausea--followed by severe stomach discomfort. The severe stomach pain came the next day. I also had blood in my stool. Lots of it. (Sorry, but this comes w\/the territory).\n\nI never threw up as I am NOT a throw up person. Nor did I have hardly any diarrhea. Everything seems to be back in order now. Just wanted to share my experience for anyone here that may be going through it himself. Lastly, antibiotics are not recommended for such an infection. Here is some info for those that may be interested:\n\nhttps:\/\/www.cdc.gov\/foodsafety\/diseases\/staphylococcal.html\n\n\nCheers,\n\nPhil\n No it is definitely not staph. That is toxic food poisoning. You have to leave a soup or stock at a room or slightly warmer temperature for the staph to warm and produce the toxin. The illness is violent and over in 6 to 8 hours.\n\nYour symptoms and course fit very well for Camphylobacter, which the CDC now says is the commonest food born pathogen in the US currently.