psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
This one hurts. A friend just saw him last Monday at the Hollywood Bowl and My wife and I and our neighbors saw him in Chicago in June.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-petty-rock-iconoclast-led-200300164.html

Tom Petty, Rock Iconoclast Who Led the Heartbreakers, Dead at 66

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers recently completed a summer tour last Monday with three nights at the Hollywood Bowl. The trek marked the band's 40th anniversary and found him playing rarely played deep cuts like their first album's opener, "Rockin' Around (With You)," and a selection of Wildflowers cuts. It was intended to be his "last trip around the country." He told Rolling Stone, though, that it wasn't his intention to quit playing. "I need something to do, or I tend to be a nuisance around the house," he said.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Damn, sorry to hear. I did some work for the band back in the day, great bunch of guys all around. RIP.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, seems to be rumor so far....hope he pulls thru!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
LAPD issued a statement that they can't confirm he's dead.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LAPD issued a statement that they can't confirm he's dead.
That was the original statement, however it was confirmed a few hours later. There was some confusion about it earlier in the day.

Mods, could we merge these threads?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That was the original statement, however it was confirmed a few hours later. There was some confusion about it earlier in the day.

I dunno, I just various news sites and none are reporting his death. What is your source?

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai

Reported my thread and asked for it to be deleted or merged.

I dunno, I just various news sites and none are reporting his death. What is your source?

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/rip-tom-petty.109222/

The link in my thread for source:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-petty-rock-iconoclast-led-200300164.html

The story headline has now been changed. Still looks grim.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Another great loss indeed...:(

From the original Traveling Wilburys formation, Roy, George, and Tom have gone and now the only still alive are Dylan and Jeff Lynn.

RIP Tom and get ready to perform The Wilburys in Heaven along with the other ones, though.

Last edited:
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
He was an original that wrote his own music and was honest with his singing. No trying to put a fast one over on the fans. He was humble and never forgot to appreciate his career and what it provided him.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I got to see him a few years ago, pretty good show. Unfortunately, he's pretty much only playing very large venues in his last 20 years or more. I hate huge venues for live shows!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is a major shocker, Petty was a legend, I am very sad now

R.I.P. Tom Petty

What to say about this song, but just to smile

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
From Sound City. It is free on Amazon Prime. Watch it. It is about the studio closing, not Tom himself, but it is just an amazing documentary. LOTS of artists in it including Tom.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
From Sound City. It is free on Amazon Prime. Watch it. It is about the studio closing, not Tom himself, but it is just an amazing documentary. LOTS of artists in it including Tom.

Also, a GREAT OST!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I feel a big part of my adolescent youth has just been ripped from me. I have everyone of his albums and thoroughly enjoyed each and everyone. You shall be missed my good friend. RIP

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis