Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Many thanks for the link 3db, I am from the old school and abhor any kind of tone controls, would rather work the room acoustics. I keep my tone settings bypased but the YPAO feature is a true boon for anyone who doesnt wish to go through the hassle of going through extensive setup.

As per the reviewer's opinion on Yamaha's DSP mode I tend to disagree. The Cinema DSP mode is what got me hooked to HT in first place and I thank Yamaha for their unique well set DSP mode. A purist might disagree on using any DSP modes for music but as an entertainment value and with poorly recorded material, the Jazz mode as well as the Rock mode comes in really handy.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Agreed Yamahaluver. &nbsp;And the Digital Adventure mode is simply awesome for home theater. &nbsp;I am looking forward to reviewing Yamaha's latest HD DSP modes in the Z9.</font>

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Yamahalover,

Years ago I went to a special showing of the Surround Sound technolgy in the theater of the Australian Fim, Television and Radio school in Sydney.

This was the first surround sound version before pro logic. It was also probably the first industry showing in Australia, well before general release of the technology. Dolby showed a special version of Gorillas in the Mist. They tediously explained the movie soundtrack making process and how the new surround technology fit in. It was truly amazing to see how many tracks went into making the sound on a movie.

They had a Q&amp;A at the end. One observer, an audio purest asked how the integrity of the audio could be maintained with so much processing by the Dolby decoder. Dolby's response; if you only understood how much processing went into creating the movie soundtrack, you would not be worried about a little more processing at the end.

Nothing goes directly from microphone to recoding medium any more, perhaps that died with the first LPs cut by mechnical means directly from the audio.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Absolutely agree with you Paul F. it isnt possible to make anything without processing. However there was a small company who differed, Telarc recordings made some real good classical stuff using a pair of Senheisser mic, a pair of class A Threshold monobloc amps and a 20 bit SONY DAT, all the recordings were done directly at the performance and no processing of any kind was used.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis