TIVO Premier a CRAPTASTIC JOKE!

E

egreen1976

Junior Audioholic
I've had 2 Tivo Premiers for a month now and I must say these units are a HUGE disappointment. I waited to there latest software update before posting reviews. The update came today and most of the problems still remain.

Here's a quick list of the issues

1) Build quality is cheap. The last units were more solid and had little things like a clock on the display.

2) The new interfaces is slow and buggy. Here is a little test I did. On an older Tivo it would take me less than 7 seconds to scroll frpm my first to last recording. The new interface takes over 10 times longer. It is sluggish and dissapointing. Who cares about the new web integration and the suggestions if the unit takes forever to get to them. The DVR feels more like the ones issued by the cable companies. Not a pleasure to use at all.

3) There really isn't anything substantial added to this version. I really can't think of a single thing. Oh yeah, the crappy slow interface!

4) Constant freezes! Anyone who has restarted a Tivo knows you may as well go make your dinner in the time it takes to restart. It was OK when it happend a handful of times a year. These units freeze a few times a week!

5) Many features still just don't work. A good example of this are the shows I transferred from an older TIvo. If you try to preserve them by selecting "save till I delete" , nothing happends. The unit refuses to make the adjustment.

Overall the Tivo premier has only closed the gap between Tivo and Cable DVRs. Tivo has put the first nail in it's coffin. The smooth elegance is gone folks!

Sadly, this has also illustrated how BS many reviewers are, I have heard raves about this product on Cnet and G4 TV. They must have received some unreleased working models, cuz they were not reviewing the same product I have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis