H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
First, it only bothers me when someone is cheating. Second, having worked for a company that manufactures in sites all over the world, having visited the manufacturing site in China about 1.5x a year for the last 10 years, what I've learned, contrary to popular belief, is that quality can (and often is) amazing there. The site we use regularly outperforms other sites we use around the world. Third, pretty much when you end up with "cheap" products from China it's because the company - often an American company - wants it that way. YES! If they wanted they could pay more and have a higher quality product made there. In summary, China can, and often does, make some of the highest quality products in the world. It comes down to the old adage, "you get what you pay for."

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I've met a lot beautiful women that were made in China and believe me quality was not lacking one bit.

3zones

Enthusiast
Which brand / model of rotors were these that weren't supposed to rust?

I don't recall now. I'm talking about the rotor hat only on the rear rotors not on fronts. The big upsell for them was that they were made to not rust and had a nice coating of black paint material to assist even more with the not rusting. I looked today and one is really rusty while the other is only just starting. There is just no way they should be rusting given how much I wash it in the winter.

Anybody follow the Klipsch/Energy lawsuit of the Monoprice Chinese knock offs of the Energy Take Classic set? Is that cheating/theft of intellectual capital or something else? China is the biggest offender of this.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I am more worried about the cyber hacking, and the fact that their first stealth fighter is now in production, thanks to the information they stole by hacking into our defense department. They have the largest army in the world, and by the time our current president leaves office, China will probably be the world's largest economy. They also have a satellite anti-missile defense system which is currently in orbit. Somebody has to find a way to prevent them raiding our technology at will. Just food for thought......

Bhaskar Chakravorti: The Obama and Xi Meeting: Time for Some California Dreamin'

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, let's hope that TLS is right about all of their stuff being poorly made, then. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am more worried about the cyber hacking, and the fact that their first stealth fighter is now in production, thanks to the information they stole by hacking into our defense department. They have the largest army in the world, and by the time our current president leaves office, China will probably be the world's largest economy. They also have a satellite anti-missile defense system which is currently in orbit. Somebody has to find a way to prevent them raiding our technology at will. Just food for thought......

Bhaskar Chakravorti: The Obama and Xi Meeting: Time for Some California Dreamin'
China isn't our enemy. Believe me they aren't as advanced as they would have you believe either. It's called face. FWIW the stealth fighter is a very old and largely symbolic plane now. I'm pretty sure China has never really invaded anyone expect maybe Tibet. Unless they outnumber us 20 to 1 and are guaranteed victory they would never attack us either. And we have just as many hackers as they do. They are just spying on us listening in to Adam and Alex phone calls about that one time in the desert.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
China isn't our enemy. Believe me they aren't as advanced as they would have you believe either. It's called face. FWIW the stealth fighter is a very old and largely symbolic plane now. I'm pretty sure China has never really invaded anyone expect maybe Tibet. Unless they outnumber us 20 to 1 and are guaranteed victory they would never attack us either. And we have just as many hackers as they do. They are just spying on us listening in to Adam and Alex phone calls about that one time in the desert.
All good points......LOL

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Yes, hacking is something everyone is doing, China like us more than you think, and they really don't like the N. Korean's. But don't underestimate their technology either. The head of R&D at the site I visit got his PhD from MIT and ran R&D at one of the most technologically advance companies in the US for over 20 years. With China's economy where it's at more very skilled people are going to repatriate. Why wouldn't he apply what he's learned over the years? I don't forget what I've learned if I start a new job and I always look to see what's out there when I start a project. All planes kind of look the same to me, similarly in my work I've see the same solutions to problems at multiple companies I've worked for; stolen? Not. What I often find strange, and worrisome, is how our government seems to think China is so far behind technology wise and everything is "stolen"...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

I'm relieved nothing like that ever happens here.;):D
Trying to type more detail...INS and IRS has control of my keyboard . . . ...

The remainder of this post has been redacted.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm relieved nothing like that ever happens here.;):D
Trying to type more detail...INS and IRS has control of my keyboard . . . ...

The remainder of this post has been redacted.
Oops I meant to say NSA not INS

And about Adam and Alex's phone calls, about that one time in the desert....
It wasn't just one time in the desert.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis