B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I need a little help in deciding what to upgrade to. It is between the Epson 4000 or the Epson 5040. From what I was reading the black levels are better on the 5040 and that was the only difference between the two models. But a little better in black levels justify the cost difference? The 4000 at visions is 2100 cdn. And the 5040 i got down to 3200 cdn. I looked at the 5040 demo model and I was impressed with how quiet it is compared to my epson 2030.it was hard to judge the picture because there setup was crappy it wasn’t setup in a dedicated room they just had it hooked up to cable vision and they had no 3D disc to demo. Thanks for any help you can give me

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Now I’m getting a little confused. According to reviews on Amazon the 5040 got a lot of bad reviews because of a power supply problem it has but the 4000 got great reviews. Don’t they use the same power supply unit?

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
The Epson projector demo at CEDIA was fairly lackluster compared to every other projector I saw at the show.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Which projector would you recommend with the same features and around the same price?

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
You get what you pay for. So I'm not sure about the same features for the same price.

Take a look at the Sony VPL-HW65ES. It's about $500 more, but you can probably find it for less. It may not have the same number of lens memories, but the picture will definitely be better than the Epson.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You may want to dig into the JVC RS440 if you can find one. They may be on sale for a very good price right now. I think I can get them around $2,500USD right now. The black levels will kill most of the rest, they have lens memory and the rest. Not Epson level brightness, but ideal for a 100" to 133" screen in a proper room.

The room itself makes the absolute greatest impact on any image, so if your room isn't ideal, it may be worth considering spending money on that instead of the projector right now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I need a little help in deciding what to upgrade to. It is between the Epson 4000 or the Epson 5040.
Between the 2 Epson PJ, I would get the new Epson 4050 4K PRO UHD HDR (MSRP $2400).

https://epson.com/For-Home/Projectors/Pro-Cinema/Pro-Cinema-4050-4K-PRO-UHD-Projector-with-Advanced-3-Chip-Design-and-HDR/p/V11H932120MB

With all PJ on the table, then it depends on the price you can get ($1700 vs $2500 vs $3500, etc.),screen size (150-200" vs 110-130") and location (how dark your room is).

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
The room I use is dark the only light comes from the receiver, DVD player and the screen is 106. Everything seems priced right when your buying in the states like the 4050 is 2.400 here it’s 3.500 but I talked him down to 3.200 and I fear prices are going to get a lot worse pretty soon

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
How do you think the epson 4010 compares to the 5040? I see you can get this in the states but not in Canada yet. Plus it is going to be a bit cheaper

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis