Time to look for a 4k player!

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
If your looking for the best and since Oppo have gone out of business. The next best thing would be REAVON, Two models available the UBR-X110, which is there entry level model and the UBR-X200 which has everything .including balanced audio out. And the ability to play just about everything including SACD and DVD-A. There not cheap, but you only get what you pay for HTTPS://reavon.com/

Quotes from there website,,
More than just a Blu-Ray Player, the UBR-X200 is Reavon's flagship universal disc player that has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc and multimedia playback. This high-fidelity player features an extremely rigid construction in order to achieve a high S/N (signal to noise) ratio for top-quality audio and video performance. Reavon is a spin off from French company Archisoft, which is also behind the media players sold under the Zappiti brand. It's seen an opening in the market and taken a punt, producing two UHD Blu-ray machines. The UBR-X200 auditioned here is a universal player as it supports SACD, DVD-A and everything from CD to 4K Dolby Vision.
These look nice! I have a oppo BDP-93 currently. These look very similar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If your looking for the best and since Oppo have gone out of business. The next best thing would be REAVON, Two models available the UBR-X110, which is there entry level model and the UBR-X200 which has everything .including balanced audio out. And the ability to play just about everything including SACD and DVD-A. There not cheap, but you only get what you pay for HTTPS://reavon.com/
Oppo is not out of business, they are one of the larger cell phone manufacturers in the world. They stopped making any other products besides phones though.

I just got my first 4K disc the 205 would not read. My PS5 read it fine.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic

Quotes from there website,,
More than just a Blu-Ray Player, the UBR-X200 is Reavon's flagship universal disc player that has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc and multimedia playback. This high-fidelity player features an extremely rigid construction in order to achieve a high S/N (signal to noise) ratio for top-quality audio and video performance. Reavon is a spin off from French company Archisoft, which is also behind the media players sold under the Zappiti brand. It's seen an opening in the market and taken a punt, producing two UHD Blu-ray machines. The UBR-X200 auditioned here is a universal player as it supports SACD, DVD-A and everything from CD to 4K Dolby Vision.
Those look very nice, a little more than I'd like to spend. I'd be open to buying a used one.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
it's incredible that the Oppo 203's are going for 1,200 on Ebay.
It comes down to supply and demeaned. If they where advertised for 1200 here I would get killed in the rush.
As you say prices for OPPO players are crazy. There was a 205 [ still in a sealed box ] advertised on a European forum a while ago. The cost was 6000 Euro's. The sold sign went up the following day.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
The Oppo has been listed on eBay! And I think I've settled on the Panasonic ub820.

If anyone is interested in the Oppo, please reach out!

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Oppo sold today! Would the Panasonic ub820 be a good match for the lg C1? Or would I be selling the display short?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Oppo sold today! Would the Panasonic ub820 be a good match for the lg C1? Or would I be selling the display short?
I just looked that player up, seems like a nice player for the price. The Sony X700M that I have has been good. But I just checked on the reviews of it,
seems some are still having issues with it freezing up when playing a 4K disc, but most are not having issues. Give it a try see if you like it, that Panasonic 4K player that is.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Are you an active gamer? If so why not a PS5 if you can get your hands on one.
1) Just missed out on Walmart that had a ton, they sold out quickly, got one for a buddy
2) It does not support Dolby Vision, nor does it support Dolby Atmos (though there is a work around)

Last edited:
Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
1) Just missed out on Walmart that had a ton, they sold out quickly, got one for a budy
2) It does not support Dolby Vision, nor does it support Dolby Atmos (though there is a work around)
True, although I would be surprised if a patch would be released at some point. Maybe not IDK.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
What's your budget TS? I'm currently looking as well. I've narrowed it down to the two Panasonic DPUB models. The 820K and the 9000. That being said, there is a humongous jump in cost from the 820 to the 9000. About 2.5× as much here in Canada for the 9000 vs the 820. I'm leaning towards the 9000.

E

EJC

Enthusiast
I’ve had the Panasonic 820 for over a week now and also using it with an OLED C1, match made in heaven! Tone mapping also a plus on your discs that don’t have Dolby Vision/HDR10+ and upscaling of Blu-rays is superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

EJC

Enthusiast
What's your budget TS? I'm currently looking as well. I've narrowed it down to the two Panasonic DPUB models. The 820K and the 9000. That being said, there is a humongous jump in cost from the 820 to the 9000. About 2.5× as much here in Canada for the 9000 vs the 820. I'm leaning towards the 9000.
The 9000 is a beast

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I’ve had the Panasonic 820 for over a week now and also using it with an OLED C1, match made in heaven! Tone mapping also a plus on your discs that don’t have Dolby Vision/HDR10+ and upscaling of Blu-rays is superb

Thanks for your help! It should arrive this Thursday. I see you next post regarding the 9000 being a beast. I have read in numerous places that the video side is exactly the same in the 820 & 9000. Audio is obviously different, with the analog outs.

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Thanks for your help! It should arrive this Thursday. I see you next post regarding the 9000 being a beast. I have read in numerous places that the video side is exactly the same in the 820 & 9000. Audio is obviously different, with the analog outs.
Wouldn’t say exactly the same however it does use the same processor where I think the 9000 is slightly tweaked over the 820. Price comparison between the 2 and similair performance is a big bonus

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Wouldn’t say exactly the same however it does use the same processor where I think the 9000 is slightly tweaked over the 820. Price comparison between the 2 and similair performance is a big bonus

Yes, price was a big factor in my decision. And I still bought it used.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Either the Sony X800M2 or the X1100es player will play with precision 4K discs for a lot cheaper than the Reavon UBR-X200.

The Reavon is overpriced. What kind of support will you get if it's defective? That's an important consideration as well.

I have the Sony X800 and it works pretty well. It also reads SACDs and DVD-A discs. What is noteworthy is that it also performs as well as my OPPO UDP-203.

It's also good to bear in mind that Sony was involved in the development of the 4K disc.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis