Time to look for a 4k player!

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I recently upgraded from plasma to a LG oled C1 And am now looking into 4k players. Right off the bat I see that Panasonic has some great offerings. But I need a little direction in what to look for as far as what video processing chip sets to look for. Audio as well for that matter.

Thanks!

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
I recently upgraded from plasma to a LG oled C1 And am now looking into 4k players. Right off the bat I see that Panasonic has some great offerings. But I need a little direction in what to look for as far as what video processing chip sets to look for. Audio as well for that matter.

Thanks!
Are you an active gamer? If so why not a PS5 if you can get your hands on one.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
If your looking for the best and since Oppo have gone out of business. The next best thing would be REAVON, Two models available the UBR-X110, which is there entry level model and the UBR-X200 which has everything .including balanced audio out. And the ability to play just about everything including SACD and DVD-A. There not cheap, but you only get what you pay for HTTPS://reavon.com/

Quotes from there website,,
More than just a Blu-Ray Player, the UBR-X200 is Reavon's flagship universal disc player that has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc and multimedia playback. This high-fidelity player features an extremely rigid construction in order to achieve a high S/N (signal to noise) ratio for top-quality audio and video performance. Reavon is a spin off from French company Archisoft, which is also behind the media players sold under the Zappiti brand. It's seen an opening in the market and taken a punt, producing two UHD Blu-ray machines. The UBR-X200 auditioned here is a universal player as it supports SACD, DVD-A and everything from CD to 4K Dolby Vision.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If your looking for the best and since Oppo have gone out of business. The next best thing would be REAVON, Two models available the UBR-X110, which is there entry level model and the UBR-X200 which has everything .including balanced audio out. And the ability to play just about everything including SACD and DVD-A. There not cheap, but you only get what you pay for HTTPS://reavon.com/

Quotes from there website,,
More than just a Blu-Ray Player, the UBR-X200 is Reavon's flagship universal disc player that has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc and multimedia playback. This high-fidelity player features an extremely rigid construction in order to achieve a high S/N (signal to noise) ratio for top-quality audio and video performance. Reavon is a spin off from French company Archisoft, which is also behind the media players sold under the Zappiti brand. It's seen an opening in the market and taken a punt, producing two UHD Blu-ray machines. The UBR-X200 auditioned here is a universal player as it supports SACD, DVD-A and everything from CD to 4K Dolby Vision.
The UBR-X110 does not have SACD, and since I only use a player as transport, I won't buy the UBR-X200.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Or there's a Sony UBP- X700M.

What a load of crap, No balanced output's, no analogue connections, won't play SACD or DVD-A It's simply a stock standard cheap player.
You might as well get a Lazer for 99 dollars

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What a load of crap, No balanced output's, no analogue connections, won't play SACD or DVD-A It's simply a stock standard cheap player.
It plays SACD from what I could google.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Don't know where your getting your info from, but it surely does play sacd, doesn't have balanced out. What would you need that for.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Am testing a Sony X800m2 . Have been impressed so far with all you get for the price, $180 as a scratch & dent, and it is well built. Deciding whether its worth trading it back and getting a UBR-X100 since the auto detect issue is extremely annoying. Sony won't fix it in their arrogance I suppose. All about the $$.
Side note, it's incredible that the Oppo 203's are going for 1,200 on Ebay.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Am testing a Sony X800m2 . Have been impressed so far with all you get for the price, $180 as a scratch & dent, and it is well built. Deciding whether its worth trading it back and getting a UBR-X100 since the auto detect issue is extremely annoying. Sony won't fix it in their arrogance I suppose. All about the $$.
Side note, it's incredible that the Oppo 203's are going for 1,200 on Ebay.
$1.200 for Oppo 203 used? My X700M has been great paid 149.00 plus tax for new.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Budget matters for many. When going to UHD discs, I didn't get another Oppo. I still have SACD and DVD-Audio discs that I like to play and the Sony UBP-X800 does a fine job. No Dolby Vision in it or my TV so no big deal. I'll have to consider something else when new TV time comes.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Budget matters for many. When going to UHD discs, I didn't get another Oppo. I still have SACD and DVD-Audio discs that I like to play and the Sony UBP-X800 does a fine job. No Dolby Vision in it or my TV so no big deal. I'll have to consider something else when new TV time comes.
Happy hunting! Shopping for a new TV is certainly much easier than finding places that have higher level audio gear set up.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't even have an UHD player yet, just an old Oppo BDP-93EU that might not work any longer if I upgrade my AVR due to HDCP issue. Currently my UHD content is from built-in LG OLED CX apps.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to turn on and off Dolby Vision on the Sony players?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis