Time for a new Subwoofer

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Did you contact SVS? Their customer service is excellent and they may offer a solution if you liked the sub and want to fix or replace It.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Going to try and fix as first option.
Smart move! It is always best to make use of what you have for as long as possible. If you are happy with that sub now, you will be happy with it when its fixed, and a working driver won't go to the recycling center or the dump.

Keeping equipment functional for the long term is the most economic way to pursue this hobby.

Try and choose good gear, look after it and maintain it. That is the surest route to good long term satisfaction from superior equipment. And whatever else you do avoid junk. Quality pays dividends.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't believe in the "musical" sub thing myself, not even sure wtf it means. First question, no room for duals? No need as only satisfying one seat and current placement works for that?
At least it wasn't described as 'organic'.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Smart move! It is always best to make use of what you have for as long as possible. If you are happy with that sub now, you will be happy with it when its fixed, and a working driver won't go to the recycling center or the dump.

Keeping equipment functional for the long term is the most economic way to pursue this hobby.

Try and choose good gear, look after it and maintain it. That is the surest route to good long term satisfaction from superior equipment. And whatever else you do avoid junk. Quality pays dividends.
I agree with this. If it’s just the AMP then it’s a new sub with a brand new amp I am assuming and should Las a long time. It’s doubtful without a much larger investment you would get appreciably better performance is my guess

H

HTEnthusiast

Audioholic Intern
I have the RSL 12S, HSU ULS-15 (actually 2 of each) and a flat pack 18” sealed sub I built on my own. The RSL is a fabulous sub. I prefer it over the ULS-15 if I had to choose between them.

If I was starting over from scratch, I would build my subs. My biggest regret is not jumping into the sub building arena earlier. It seemed intimidating. It’s not only easier than anticipated, but actually gratifying. An 18 inch driver provides the impact I was missing and wanted, and came out to around $1K for the sub build + amp. The sealed sub I built is close to the same size as the RSL 12S.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Was able to get it fixed SVS does have excellent customer service! Now I have the opportunity to buy a second PB-3000 that is 3 years old w/the remainder of the warranty for $700, I am really tempted to go dual subs lol. Its from a local guy who is 30 mins from my house and has the receipt, also comes with isolation feet, which is not that big a deal.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Was able to get it fixed SVS does have excellent customer service! Now I have the opportunity to buy a second PB-3000 that is 3 years old w/the remainder of the warranty for $700, I am really tempted to go dual subs lol. Its from a local guy who is 30 mins from my house and has the receipt, also comes with isolation feet, which is not that big a deal.
That's a no brainer price IMO.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
That's a no brainer price IMO.
That's what I was thinking, $700 it has a hair and i do mean hairline indention on one side that you have to be less than 1ft from to see. It is pristine and works perfectly. It has a warranty until June of 25 so I can at least feel protected with this one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis