TIK TOK is "AN UNACCEPTABLE SECURITY RISK"

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not to mention, State, County, Town and private police. They are everywhere, I get it. The problem is they are all investigating
each other. Our town and the one next door are both under heavy investigation and have had interim Leaders appointed to run
both agencies, including the Mayor in our town. Our neighborhoods have self governance. Everyone is packin'. If we see long
guns come out, I just let the wife take care of it. In the house I take care of it. I like a machete, bear spray and a vest. I like lead
gloves too. I don't like loud Bangs for one. I'm Shell shocked a bit.

I worry more about getting the wrong address, than anything else. Get served up with a No Knock and a couple flash Bangs, BECAUSE
they got the wrong address. I do have a problem with all that. Bounty hunters are hunted around here. Actively! Too many Hells Angles,
Mongols and prospects for both. I have some interesting neighbors to say the least. They like good music. :) There have been multi
agency roundups over the last month. That's fun to watch.

I think there's a mall cop here, too- sneaky bastiges, they are!

I think a pair of high quality socks and a cue ball in the car/truck would be pretty easy to explain of someone is pulled over....."I like to keep my feet dry. I found the cue ball".

A guy in Milwaukee who's a writer seems to have pissed off someone who needs help. He has been 'SWAT'ed' four time, as recently as last week. Lots of cops, long guns, etc and whoever called said he posted something online about killing his wife. Every time, they find nothing. OTOH, this could be a case of 'The Boy Who Cried "Wolf!', setting himself up for some kind of weird defense if he actually does kill her.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Have you ever used, any social website before? There are millions of cellphone numbers that are compromised just from using social websites of any of at any time. Any and all data is harvested from any website including this form and or website. Those who believe VPN is secure may want to think again.
I used Facebook once to get photos from family. My account was closed shortly after.

With regard to VPNs, have you ever used one? As for myself, I used the NordVPN for a short while until I noticed that my location was still showing on Amazon's site.
So I cancelled NordVPN's account and I lost 6 months of subscription for the impossibility of getting a refund. After reviewing other VPNs available and expert's recommendations, I opted to use the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN which is a safe tool at a reasonable cost. By the way, I have been using Malwarebytes Premium as my anti-malware and antivirus software for many years. It is reliable and about the safest product you can use. I strongly recommend it to anyone.

Malwarebytes Premium has a web safeguard feature which blocks malvertising, spams and dubious websites. If you use Firefox as your web search engine, you can also benefit from web search protection.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I try to use as little that put's my telemetry out there.

I use Pi-Hole with recursive DNS lookup. So I don't get the ads or questionable embeds. With recursive DNS when I query a new site my Pi-Hole system downloads the entire zone file so my look ups happen locally on the cached zone data.

I setup my own VPN box at Digital Ocean so I'm not going through a service and I author all my own signing certificates.

I don't use FB, TikTok. The only social media-esque site that I use is linked-in.

Even my cell phones aren't attached directly to my name.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
In a report by Australian cybersecurity company Internet 2.0, which recently found that TikTok collects “excessive” amounts of user data, including checking device location at least once an hour, continuously requesting access to contacts (even if the user originally denies such), tracking all installed apps, and more.

I don't use it and have NO plans to.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Tik Tok's "secret operation" tracks you even if you don't use it:
So many apps do this and even with Google after you say no to personal tracking, the data is still stored just not presented. You want away around this, back to the most basic phone is it currently.

JudyHernandez

JudyHernandez

Audiophyte
I'd say it is important to carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of any technology, even TikTok, and to make informed decisions about its use, for good or not.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What I don't like about this , I do have FB, pretty much to stay in touch with friends and family, but at times they post a tiktok post in their postings and you don't know it until you click on the message. I contacted FB, which is basically useless, to ask, is there a way to stop tiktok from even being presented to a FB users page, if the FB user has not signed up for tiktok. The answer NO.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
On the other hand, TikTok has also been used for a variety of positive purposes. It has become a popular platform for creators to share entertaining and informative content and has played a role in the spread of social movements and activism. It allows any user to create and share their know-how and experience, and when coupled with a booster like https://famoid.com/buy-tiktok-likes/, this content can reach anyone out of the tens of millions of users.
Playing a role in social activism, like the Kia Boyz, who are a nationwide group of a$$holes who steal cars and post their videos on TikTok? Yeah, great.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis