TIK TOK is "AN UNACCEPTABLE SECURITY RISK"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Makes me wonder hw many here use tiktok? Never appealed to me....do you use it?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I avoid social websites, even Facebook. I insist on keeping my private life, period. As matter of fact, Audioholics and ASR are my only contact channels apart from family and close friends.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Close FB years ago, and than I only opened up a account because of family. This is my only online forum that I actively participated on. I do have one over on ASR, frequently visit but I don't participate that much over in it. Really just to follow up on what PENG and what Mr. ASR has posted up from his testing and findings. It's a good website ASR, very informative and credible. I get hit up with spam text's and spam callers no less than 2, 3 times a week. Got probably hundreds of numbers blocked and spam text's that's been reported. Mostly they are coming from overseas. India, Russia, Jamaica, Mexico.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Close FB years ago, and than I only opened up a account because of family. This is my only online forum that I actively participated on. I do have one over on ASR, frequently visit but I don't participate that much over in it. Really just to follow up on what PENG and what Mr. ASR has posted up from his testing and findings. It's a good website ASR, very informative and credible. I get hit up with spam text's and spam callers no less than 2, 3 times a week. Got probably hundreds of numbers blocked and spam text's that's been reported. Mostly they are coming from overseas. India, Russia, Jamaica, Mexico.
Maybe you could try Malwarebytes on your phone. They have a free version, and also one which operates to protect you continuously at a decent cost. It is a very trustworthy firm. I've been using the Premium version for years on my computers. I suggest that you have a look at their website.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I use FB, but only for the market place. It's my new go-to, which replaced Craig's List.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe you could try Malwarebytes on your phone. They have a free version, and also one which operates to protect you continuously at a decent cost. It is a very trustworthy firm. I've been using the Premium version for years on my computers. I suggest that you have a look at their website.
Thanks for the heads-up! gonna check that out.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
I'm worried about the chip implant more than anything. X-Files Scully. I'm not so sure about the hardware in my back,
shoulder or heart either. I keep hearing KRON 4 every now and then in my sleep when I'm grinding my teeth. They left
and ear bud in me when they fixed my neck, is all I can figure. I get CHP chatter every now and then, too. :cool:
"Batteries not included"

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Curious, is face time a specific apple thing...a friend asked if i had an iphone with a reason along these lines....i think.
I call it facetime as it is a real time video. Wife gets a link through facebook from kids, 3 participating connections. On Windows laptop as it is a much larger screen.
Pretty good.
I don't have facebook account. No real need for me.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm worried about the chip implant more than anything. X-Files Scully. I'm not so sure about the hardware in my back,
shoulder or heart either. I keep hearing KRON 4 every now and then in my sleep when I'm grinding my teeth. They left
and ear bud in me when they fixed my neck, is all I can figure. I get CHP chatter every now and then, too. :cool:
"Batteries not included"
It's the software you need to worry about. ;) :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I call it facetime as it is a real time video. Wife gets a link through facebook from kids, 3 participating connections. On Windows laptop as it is a much larger screen.
Pretty good.
I don't have facebook account. No real need for me.
Not only video but also messages that is end-to-end encrypted with privacy. While advertisement income is important it’s not their primary income. Follow the money, and yes, Facebook/Meta is real bad.

Can we trust Apple? A lot more than Facebook/Meta and Google, I’d say.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
@OHMisback you do know there are special agent's that hang out on this forum right? CIA, HLS, FBI, NSA, Border agents DEA, all agents!
Not to mention, State, County, Town and private police. They are everywhere, I get it. The problem is they are all investigating
each other. Our town and the one next door are both under heavy investigation and have had interim Leaders appointed to run
both agencies, including the Mayor in our town. Our neighborhoods have self governance. Everyone is packin'. If we see long
guns come out, I just let the wife take care of it. In the house I take care of it. I like a machete, bear spray and a vest. I like lead
gloves too. I don't like loud Bangs for one. I'm Shell shocked a bit.

I worry more about getting the wrong address, than anything else. Get served up with a No Knock and a couple flash Bangs, BECAUSE
they got the wrong address. I do have a problem with all that. Bounty hunters are hunted around here. Actively! Too many Hells Angles,
Mongols and prospects for both. I have some interesting neighbors to say the least. They like good music. :) There have been multi
agency roundups over the last month. That's fun to watch.

I'm worried about the ghost (s) of Barney Fife a whole lot more. A county full of Barneys when we need just a few Andys a
few more Aunt Bee(s) and a lot more Opie Taylors. One bullet Barney, WoW! I understand he was a top notch Marine IRL.
They got a twofer, with Opie and the kid eating a sandwich were actual brothers. Goober and Gomer were just fictional.
They were actually Sidney Poitier, and Harry Belafonte in "white face". Very progressive show in hind site. No body was
married, and they used the police car to go out on dates. ???? The barber, the fix it guy, and the drunk, I got nothin. :)

Time to fix something. Regards

NatySmeeth

NatySmeeth

Audiophyte
What s the risk you're talking about? I've been using TikTok for a year and get a lot of interesting information. Not every person watches stupid teenagers dancing. It's a personal choice. Talking about security, this app demands no more personal information than Facebook/Instagram and other social networks. So I don't know what security issue you're talking about. I think that TikTok is a great source of additional income, so I try to get popular due to enforce social media. I've got 10k subscribers already on my blog abut tutoring

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
What s the risk you're talking about? I've been using Tik Tok for a year and get a lot of interesting information. Not every person watches stupid teenagers dancing. It's a personal choice. Talking about security, this app demands no more personal information than Facebook/Instagram and other social networks
Than Chinese Communist party, knows everything about you.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What s the risk you're talking about? I've been using Tik Tok for a year and get a lot of interesting information. Not every person watches stupid teenagers dancing. It's a personal choice. Talking about security, this app demands no more personal information than Facebook/Instagram and other social networks
Did you read the link in the first post?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I avoid social websites, even Facebook. I insist on keeping my private life, period. As matter of fact, Audioholics and ASR are my only contact channels apart from family and close friends.
Have you ever used, any social website before? There are millions of cellphone numbers that are compromised just from using social websites of any of at any time. Any and all data is harvested from any website including this form and or website. Those who believe VPN is secure may want to think again.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I find TikTok a useful tool at work. For instance... around 2:00pm when I'm feeling like the day will never end I load up some dancing teenage girls and seconds later, voilà .. the sweet sweet chime of 5 o'clock.

EDIT... it's not like I'm a perv or anything but there are some dancing milfs and on occasion some dancing gilfs too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis