Tidal clicking/popping noise

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Sounds like maybe you're moving away from this point of view, if you were ever even there. But I can tell you that I use Tidal, Marantz and Heos and I have no issues with any of them. In fact I have 3 Marantz systems.

I also play Tidal from my Galaxy S8 to BT speakers (Bose Mini, and an HK Onyx) with no issues. Believe me I'd know if it was doing what you describe is know it and it would drive me crazy.

Again, it seems like for whatever reason you've given up on Heos, but I can't find in the thread where you wrote exactly why.

I agree the Spotify interface is better, but not better enough for my use. I listen to the same things for the most part and don't need the "social" aspect as much. But if using the PC was clicking or popping is make the exception. Get my social from the free Spotify then play the higher resolution song on Tidal.

Also just FYI. Tidal Connect is now out on limited MFG platforms, and in its HiRes Master formats so maybe it will be expanding to others via firmware updates. If Sound United gains access your problem is surely solved.

But either way, is this happening via Heos..? To help with troubleshooting...

BTW, I forgot. If you're a Veteran you get Tidal 50% off on any level quality. Amazon doesn't offer this and has similar interface limitations in my opinion. Nobody does Spotify like Spotify.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I have the same problem if I’m streaming Tidal to my Marantz using just Bluetooth but if I switch to Heos the problem is resolved.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
I have the same problem if I’m streaming Tidal to my Marantz using just Bluetooth but if I switch to Heos the problem is resolved.
Hmm. Maybe I'm just not using BT with my AVR or Stereo..? Sheesh, I guess I should try it to see. But it sounds like Heos is an option anyway, even if not the preferred one..?

And I'll be honest. I don't have the critical ear most have but I swear Tidal sounds better on my systems/setting than Spotify. But I didn't notice a huge improvement on my Amazon HD trial. Even with the 192/24 coming through. It sounded great, but not enough for me to pay more than the Tidal highest level with my discount.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah seems that way , just a shame Amazon music HD only stream atmos music to the echo studio. That’s the only reason I’m on Tidal
Hopefully it will expand for you (pun intended? :) ). Just how large an enhanced library do they each have?

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Hopefully it will expand for you (pun intended? :) ). Just how large an enhanced library do they each have?
Amazon has a ton of songs. Something like 60 million.? But only maybe 30 million above Tidal 144/16. I think Tidal is about 50 million.

Those are close, but maybe not 100% since I've last seen the numbers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon has a ton of songs. Something like 60 million.? But only maybe 30 million above Tidal 144/16. I think Tidal is about 50 million.

Those are close, but maybe not 100% since I've last seen the numbers.
I meant with the "Atmos" treatment.

C

Cleaneye

Audiophyte
Lol atmos on tidal is fairly limited , not sure about Amazon HD. Annoying that Amazon HD limit atmos playback only to their echo studio speaker , it could be the perfect streaming service

C

Cleaneye

Audiophyte
Sounds like maybe you're moving away from this point of view, if you were ever even there. But I can tell you that I use Tidal, Marantz and Heos and I have no issues with any of them. In fact I have 3 Marantz systems.

I also play Tidal from my Galaxy S8 to BT speakers (Bose Mini, and an HK Onyx) with no issues. Believe me I'd know if it was doing what you describe is know it and it would drive me crazy.

Again, it seems like for whatever reason you've given up on Heos, but I can't find in the thread where you wrote exactly why.

I agree the Spotify interface is better, but not better enough for my use. I listen to the same things for the most part and don't need the "social" aspect as much. But if using the PC was clicking or popping is make the exception. Get my social from the free Spotify then play the higher resolution song on Tidal.

Also just FYI. Tidal Connect is now out on limited MFG platforms, and in its HiRes Master formats so maybe it will be expanding to others via firmware updates. If Sound United gains access your problem is surely solved.

But either way, is this happening via Heos..? To help with troubleshooting...

BTW, I forgot. If you're a Veteran you get Tidal 50% off on any level quality. Amazon doesn't offer this and has similar interface limitations in my opinion. Nobody does Spotify like Spotify.
Thanks for the info , I thought Heos was only for denon systems , I’ll try it with my Sony dn1080 , hopefully it solves the problem

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lol atmos on tidal is fairly limited , not sure about Amazon HD. Annoying that Amazon HD limit atmos playback only to their echo studio speaker , it could be the perfect streaming service
If Amazon limits it to that device I'll never know :) Not in any rush to get this version of "Atmos" either....if ever.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the info , I thought Heos was only for denon systems , I’ll try it with my Sony dn1080 , hopefully it solves the problem
Denon & Marantz are sister companies and share most everything....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I like using an AVR’s built in apps if they are available. I believe the Sony relies on Chromecast to get audio from streaming services being played on a wireless device. I use an ethernet connection to my receiver and use the control app to get to it’s music streaming apps. They suck compared to those in a Smart phone so I use the Tidal iOS app to search out music and then switch to the control app for the receiver to play the new music I’ve added instead of sending the audio wirelessly from my phone. I don’t believe Tidal atmos tracks can currently be streamed from any AVR app and another device is necessary. Sending an atmos track to my receiver via Airplay2 results in the track being converted to the 2 channel version.

C

Cleaneye

Audiophyte
I like using an AVR’s built in apps if they are available. I believe the Sony relies on Chromecast to get audio from streaming services being played on a wireless device. I use an ethernet connection to my receiver and use the control app to get to it’s music streaming apps. They suck compared to those in a Smart phone so I use the Tidal iOS app to search out music and then switch to the control app for the receiver to play the new music I’ve added instead of sending the audio wirelessly from my phone. I don’t believe Tidal atmos tracks can currently be streamed from any AVR app and another device is necessary. Sending an atmos track to my receiver via Airplay2 results in the track being converted to the 2 channel version.
Yeah I found the same with streaming so I invested in a cube 2nd gen plugged in via hdmi , plays atmos and high res up to 24/192. Annoying popping sound still happens on tidal though :(

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Exacr
Exactly how I use Heos / Tidal. Find it on Tidal play it with Heos.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis