THX for computer speakers

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hello everyone, first time posting in here!

ok, I have Logitech Z2200 computer speakers. They sound great with a little eqing. They also sport thx certification.

I was wonder what the differences in Computer Speaker THX cert. and Home Theater THX cert. other then the obvious(amps, THX surround formats, and such)

thanks,
sheep

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, THX on computer speakers are only certified for nearfield listening.

T

thxgoon

Junior Audioholic
No offense to anyone here but I think the certification of computer speakers is stretching it thin for THX. Exactly what are they trying to do? Doesn't seem like prodigious quality is rule numero uno anymore.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I'm wondering if even if you had thx certified speakers for your computer would you also need a thx certified soundcard?? Is there such a thing? Obviously I don't know much about computers but for home theater thx claims to get the "true" experience you need everything in your system to be certified from your receiver, speakers, dvd player, and your cables don't they?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
there are THX cert. sound cards. But I doubt the cables are THX. And wouldn't the Mobo and everything else have to be cert. aswell?

SheepStar

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Nah, the motherrboard does not have to be THX cert, but the soundcard does, and the speakers.

But, what does THX computer speakers do for you? Very little, that's what. Pretty much THX cert for computers stuff is a gimmick. I have never seen a THX setup on the computer that has not been whomped on by a non-THX setup. Actually, I think 3 pairs of M-Audio monitors, with one left in the closet would make for an incredible computer sound system....one that NO computer THX certified system could even dream of competing with.

Only downside to that is the size of the speakers, and the need for stands.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis