Thoughts on this HT system I've put together?

Nephidoc

Nephidoc

Audiophyte
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at this system and give me some "gentle" critique! I'm a neophyte to the extreme so this is what I've put together from about a week of wandering sites and putting things together.

JBL Home Theater Speaker Package, consists of: CSC55 Center Speaker, 4x CST55 Tower/Floorstanding Speakers, and CSS10 Powered Subwoofer
I'm wiring for 7.1 with wallplates- 2 more speakers soon

Yamaha AVR RX-V1800

Panasonic TH-50PE700U 50" Plasma HDTV

Sony Blu-Ray DVD player Model BDPS301

I'm not sure on any DVR yet to go with DirecTV
I have a Tivo unit that is 5 years old

I was trying to keep it around 5K.
This is going in a 20'X15' room that I'm finishing in the basement. It will be used for XM radio listening/CDs/movies/TV.
Wall board goes up this week so I've got to get this stuff bought ASAP.

Thanks again

Stan

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Is this the proposed system or one that you've already purchased?

It looks very good to me. I have an older series of JBL speakers and generally like them but I am not familiar with the model numbers of the JBL speakers you've listed. If there will be any suggestions for improvement they will most likely concentrate on speakers - all the electronics are top notch.

Nephidoc

Nephidoc

Audiophyte
I have not bought anything yet. I'm going to get the HDTV and the DVD player locally and get the other stuff off the web. Just wanted to see if anyone thought there was anything out there they thought would do a better job.

Thanks.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
Have you listened to the speakers that you're looking at? Do they basically sound good to you?

If so and if you've checked that your receiver + these speakers should work well together then all I've got to say is congratulations on your new system.

BTW: What sort of budget for speakers & receiver are you looking at?

Nephidoc

Nephidoc

Audiophyte
I was thinking around 1,000 to 1,500$. I have a couple of el cheapo speakers and a sub I could use and just spend that on the front three. Save a little more and get the others.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis