Thoughts on Revel M22s

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Any opinions on Revel M22 speakers?
They are very good speakers. I didn't hear any areas of weakness. The M20s linked to above are also very good, but quite a bit larger than the M22s.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
I thought the M20s were slightly better than the M22, and the M105/106 is also quite a bit better, but also a lot smoother due to it's slightly lower focus on being as neutral as possible. That said to me Revel speakers tend to all have a bit of hash in the mids that struggle with bright recordings, but are pretty much superb with everything else.

I think one poster here mentioned that the Revel M105/M106s were pretty close to the Dynaudio C1s. I own all three of these and I think it's actually not too farfetched of a claim (asside from the fact that the Revels dont have bass extension anywhere close the the Dynaudio), until you throw bright recordings at the Revels. Then you start hearing the cone breakup modes quite audibly.

Last edited:
J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
I've heard M20's but not M22's. Have also heard Ultima Gems (1).

Accurate, neutral and nothing to complain about.

I do think there are options at their price point which may well out-perform them, but I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to take advantage of a good deal on any Revel speaker.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've heard M20's but not M22's. Have also heard Ultima Gems (1).

Accurate, neutral and nothing to complain about.

I do think there are options at their price point which may well out-perform them, but I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to take advantage of a good deal on any Revel speaker.
Well today is your lucky day then. Look at what I found:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-revel-m22-stands-oem-price-reduction-2016-06-22-speakers-92592-temecula-ca

Just thought that I would share what I found. Looks like a very good deal to me.

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well today is your lucky day then. Look at what I found:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-revel-m22-stands-oem-price-reduction-2016-06-22-speakers-92592-temecula-ca

Just thought that I would share what I found. Looks like a very good deal to me.

Cheers,

Phil
You know, those drivers look very similar to the Infinity Primus drivers.

I wonder if there really is a family connection on the drivers? I know the Primus mids are supposedly pretty dang good drivers.

Of course both companies fall under the Harmon brand.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

I wonder if there really is a family connection on the drivers? I know the Primus mids are supposedly pretty dang good drivers.

All of the Infinity speakers benefit from Revel technology. It trickles down that way. The newer Reference Series is a perfect example.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-R162-Bookshelf-Speakers-Black/dp/B00K7CE9BW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466693910&sr=8-3&keywords=infinity+reference+bookshelfs

Harman has a lot of resources at its disposal. The reviews on the Reference Series are very good:

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/infinity-reference-r162-speaker-system#Oht0XZmO8gVfOT41.97

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

There is a connection. The new revel Concerta2 speakers use MCC cones which is an aluminum layer sandwiched between two layers of ceramic. This is very similar to Infinity's CMMD construction, outer layers of ceramic sandwhiching a layer of aluminum.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis