Thoughts on desktop speakers, preferably wireless

the machine

the machine

Audioholic
Hi All,

I'm looking to get a pair of speakers, for my work station at home. I recently purchased, and disliked immensely, the KEF LSX. The airyness to it sounded very artificial to me and it was very off putting. Currently, if I'm listening to music at my computer, its through Focal Clears ran through a Topping A90 D90 MQA stack, mostly streaming Tidal, but a few FLAC files as well. I LOVE the sound out of the clears.

I want to replicate this a bit in speakers for times when I do not want to wear a headphone. I do not want to use an external amp at all. Not opposed to a system like SVS Prime wireless and adding a sub, deep bass extension is a must, but I'd rather just have 2.0 if the bass can dig deep enough. Should I consider one of the Focal multimedia series if I enjoy the sound signature of the focal headphones? Not sure how good those actually are.

Short list I've been eyeing are the Dynaudio XEO 20, possibly Devialet Classic Phantom. These are more than I want to spend as this isn't an all the time listening device. I prefer to listen to music through headphones. Current setup is a Klipsch Pro Media 2.1, and while they sound decent and loud, they lack the clarity I'm looking for.

Thanks for your thoughts

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Why do you prefer wireless for a desktop setup? Seems that you are pretty much always within arm reach of the controls, so seems that wireless would be superfluous feature to me.

the machine

the machine

Audioholic
Why do you prefer wireless for a desktop setup? Seems that you are pretty much always within arm reach of the controls, so seems that wireless would be superfluous feature to me.
there’s just no room in the area, and trying to do something with an amp and wiring is going to draw more attention to it than I would want the wife to see. A simple pair of wireless speakers would fit the bill well. I just don’t have any experience other than Sonos, which I do like, and the LSX which I did not like.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis