Thoughts and suggestions on speakers

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you do go multich I'd recommend simply having an appropriate budget. By that I mean don't expect great 5ch results with only a 2ch budget....or go with what you can afford now in 2ch and work on completing the chosen system as you acquire funds....but get the best speakers you can as you go along....

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I think you will be happier long term if you go with quality. Two really nice fronts can make a system.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
You can add to quality, you will trash the cheap. (cheap = crap)

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
We will see, if I can save some money and convert it to more speakers. As I do want at least 2 Dolby atmos channels, preferably.

Otherwise size wise, I will probably go 4ch with the 926 and toss the center until later so I can have an movie and music options still available.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
We will see, if I can save some money and convert it to more speakers.
That's the key nobody thinks about. Its how fast can you save. If it takes you a whole year to save an extra $500? Or does it take you a year and you can save another $5000 Only you know how fast and how much can you save. That should determine if you should go for two speakers ($2500) and add or go for the whole 5.1 ($2500)

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
That's the key nobody thinks about. Its how fast can you save. If it takes you a whole year to save an extra $500? Or does it take you a year and you can save another $5000 Only you know how fast and how much can you save. That should determine if you should go for two speakers ($2500) and add or go for the whole 5.1 ($2500)
If I had regular work or my job, currently unemployed, I would buy whatever I want I can save like 2k a month no problem. Right now I am just spending money I got saved which is not good. I shouldn’t be getting a home theater in the first place.

But I was able to get the receiver I wanted, so I decided to proceed and also just spent less money on food and unnecessary crap.

But now more than ever I am at home all the time and watching tv and listening to music. So that is why I proceeded.

I saved 500 dollars on my receiver, so I can distribute that into speakers. Which is why I’m not very concerned about my bookshelves I purchased.

I am supposed to receive unemployment but those mofos haven’t responded to 3 of my inquiries. So they owe me well over 20k by now. As I got no work since the first week of March.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Might scan the used speaker market instead?
Yea, not used but open box. Would really like to buy something that has a warranty as a security.

They got the focal chorus 836V which are the larger towers for 1200 used, but who knows if that’s functioning properly. The price seems suspect

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yea, not used but open box. Would really like to buy something that has a warranty as a security.

They got the focal chorus 836V which are the larger towers for 1200 used, but who knows if that’s functioning properly. The price seems suspect
Speakers rarely need use of a warranty. They generally are quite durable. Can save quite a bit of money by letting someone else take the depreciation hit.....in some areas the used market is great, areas like mine not so much....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

If you look at my signature, other than the Samsung displays, Rythmik sub, Yamaha and Sony BluRay players, everything is else is used. All my PSB speakers in my second system and bedroom system are used and work great and problem free.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
If you look at my signature, other than the Samsung displays, Rythmik sub, Yamaha and Sony BluRay players, everything is else is used. All my PSB speakers in my second system and bedroom system are used and work great and problem free.
I don’t doubt certain deals, I am just trying to get something used if it comes with a warranty to protect my investment.

I ended up just getting some B stock elac unifi 2.0 towers. Authorized dealer, it was 70 off each and I chose delayed shipping and saved another 25. So I saved 165, I doubt I will find a better deal. Most the Unifi 2.0 line isn’t going to drop in price, was hoping to save a 100 each, but I really doubt it will happen. The debut series was the same price and they dropped those as they aren’t going to sell at an equal price as the 2.0. The 926 isn’t disconnected so there’s still time. The 936 wasn’t as big as I thought and the 926 is smaller than the Unifi floors.

So it is settled. Those 800F actually have pretty off frequency response as I saw on audio science. So those went out the door quick.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Maybe to be even more precise after my first paragraph or elaborate. That the seller has a receipt. I save all my receipts and when I sell I offer the receipt to honor the warranty giving the buyer piece of mind. If the item is still under warranty.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis