This Sounds (pun) Interesting and Fun!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Calling all you AH metalheads! @Pogre I'm talking to you (and others, of course). This is soon-to-be (Kickstarter campaign) headphone is "designed" for metalheads. They have an ex-Sennheiser engineer on board which helps with advertising.
Multiple drivers in a headphone is always interesting but rarely successful.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've considered trying headphones. I could see me turning into one of those nuts who incorporates a subwoofer with 'phones...

I gotta wonder what metalhead-centric headphones really are...

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've considered trying headphones. I could see me turning into one of those nuts who incorporates a subwoofer with 'phones...

Yeah - that's one thing I don't get: the visceral and psychoacoustical impact of good, strong bass notes over headphones or IEMs is more than enough for me (depending on the gear, of course). I've never really considered adding "outside" subs to the mix...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Headphones are AWESOME! You just don't really "get it" until you try a nice pair, and in particular I find that open-back cans are better for HiFi listening duties. I was the same, I always said "meh", until I actually spent some time with a good set.

Note--Fit and comfort are the #1 priority with any set of headphones. If they get uncomfortable after 20mins or so, then the audio quality doesn't even matter.

Here is why cans are such a good choice-- You can get reference level audio for a fraction of the cost of entry for similar quality speakers, and headphones completely isolate the audio from room interactions (and you know that the room is likely half of what you hear in your HiFi/HT setup).

OK, are you ready for this? There are wearable subs available! Marketed mostly towards gamers wearing headphonse.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not really keen on the multi element headphones. For last year I have been using Beyerdynamic MMX 300 as my office headphones and must say that they work really well for metal music as well as other genres and they don't break bank.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I had some AKG Sextette headphones back in the early 80s. Sounded good but my Sennheiser 420s sounded better. And my current day Grado 60s sound better than either.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I had some AKG Sextette headphones back in the early 80s. Sounded good but my Sennheiser 420s sounded better. And my current day Grado 60s sound better than either.
I have the Grado SR80's. They have an amazing performance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis