This one just really annoyed me

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Danny is off the rails about many things but he can design a good speaker. This video is about reversing an active crossover to a passive one. So much was annoying but he commented how with active filters you're just really limited on what you can do.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmm...
Danny pontificating about a design type that takes away his bread-and-butter XO "optimization." Huh.
;)

(only made it to about 4 min. he's just a fcuking quack anymore. :rolleyes: )

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hmmm...
Danny pontificating about a design type that takes away his bread-and-butter XO "optimization." Huh.
;)

(only made it to about 4 min. he's just a fcuking quack anymore. :rolleyes: )
Thanks. Won't bother to open it, 0 minutes. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah Danny....being Danny mostly. No future with the tubey things with actives?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't even bother to watch that video. That is really stupid! A passive crossover will never be as precise as a well designed active crossover.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Danny is off the rails about many things but he can design a good speaker. This video is about reversing an active crossover to a passive one. So much was annoying but he commented how with active filters you're just really limited on what you can do.
Limited? That's a load of crap. The slope of active filters can be much more steep without as much phase shift-let's see him do that passively. If someone decides to use a DSP, the sky is the limit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis