This is not a trick ?

B

Bullit67

Enthusiast
Ok every one this is a little differant My wife has a bunch of parrots in the room next to my HT I am in the process of closing off the room but I was woundering if any one has any ideas on how I could deaden the noise from the birds it is realy distracting when you are sitting tryng to listen to music or watch a movie and the dam birds are trying to out do me :rolleyes: any ideas would be great I was thinking of some foam treatments to soften the room a little

Ethan Winer

Ethan Winer

Full Audioholic
Bullit,

> I am in the process of closing off the room <

That's your best bet. Adding absorption inside the room will do relatively little. What you need most is to place a solid barrier between the rooms. If a door connects the rooms, you need to make sure it's sealed as well as possible all the way around. Even a tiny crack underneath a door can leak a lot of sound.

If you can describe better how the rooms are separated now, I may be able to offer more detailed advice. Is there a wall? If so, is there any insulation inside the wall? And so forth.

--Ethan

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Who the frell keeps parrots anyway? What is she, Captain Morgan? ;) :p Okay, I got my wisecracks in. I'd say Ethan is right on the money- a solid core door would help a lot.

The taxidermist sounds like a stellar idea, too. A divorce lawyer would be a good fallback option! :eek: :p (Just kidding!)

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Rob Babcock said:
Who the frell keeps parrots anyway? What is she, Captain Morgan? ;) :p Okay, I got my wisecracks in. I'd say Ethan is right on the money- a solid core door would help a lot.

The taxidermist sounds like a stellar idea, too. A divorce lawyer would be a good fallback option! :eek: :p (Just kidding!)
I can lend you a cat for week. There would be no evidence..... :D

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
when all else fails...teach the guy to chew bubblegum, then deny everything.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Remember, a wife is easily replaced. A good HT is a work of the gods.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The little lady likes animals, eh?

surprise her with a couploa cats.

Awk! Kitty wanna Polly?

B

Bullit67

Enthusiast
Well Ihave been VERY busy at work so I havnt been able to check on my thread the Cat idea didnt work now I have a cat problem too 9 so far :eek: (yes I said 9 and no I am not kidding :eek: ) my father in law dose taxidermie but that poses a whole new set of problems (not that he isnt willing to do it) I was planning on a exterior french door it will help with the open floor plan of the house I already made some custom double glazed windows to fill in the arches by the stairs used smoked glass on the HT side and lexan on the bird side sealed it with weather strip on the bird side it made a big differance now the sound is a little more muffled but still to loud

any way thanks for all the ideas

Doug

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis