Thinking of upgrading recievers

G

Greg Togno

Audiophyte
I’m Currently running a Denon AvrX6200w. In a 7.1 configuration using Bowers and Wilkins in wall and in ceiling speakers. How much audible difference would I get from an upgrade? I’ve only had Denon receivers. Not opposed to spending some money for quality and longevity.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doubtful anything particular, maybe a different flavor of REQ/dsp in other brands. A newer one from D&M would could use the Audyssey editor app, tho, which is more flexible in how you might apply eq.....

I doubt you'd find much difference in longevity among avrs either, just make sure you ventilate/add cooling for yours to help extend life....you might consider separates but that may not be particularly cost effective but you could probably plan on keeping power amps around longer. Or just consider adding a power amp if you think power's holding you back....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
you might consider separates but that may not be particularly cost effective but you could probably plan on keeping power amps around longer. Or just consider adding a power amp if you think power's holding you back....
He asked about "How much of an Audible Difference?" What would an Amp do?

What

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He asked about "How much of an Audible Difference?" What would an Amp do?

What
Louder/cleaner perhaps, even though he hasn't mentioned that as an issue holding him back particularly....but could be considered an audio quality issue if he's running into audible clipping/distortion now.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
He's already got a 140watt receiver and using B&W In-Ceilings In-Walls.
I must be missing something

G

Greg Togno

Audiophyte
Doubtful anything particular, maybe a different flavor of REQ/dsp in other brands. A newer one from D&M would could use the Audyssey editor app, tho, which is more flexible in how you might apply eq.....

I doubt you'd find much difference in longevity among avrs either, just make sure you ventilate/add cooling for yours to help extend life....you might consider separates but that may not be particularly cost effective but you could probably plan on keeping power amps around longer. Or just consider adding a power amp if you think power's holding you back....
Thank you! I do have an AC Infinity unit on top of my receiver. Wasn’t sure if the tech advances were worth the cost of upgrading. I’ may need to tweak the room adjustments to fine tune things. .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you! I do have an AC Infinity unit on top of my receiver. Wasn’t sure if the tech advances were worth the cost of upgrading. I’ may need to tweak the room adjustments to fine tune things. .
Your speakers/room would be a much more reliable way to work on sound quality issues rather than anything that's changed in avr tech....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis