Thinking of upgrading Bookshelf speakers and selling existing.

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
I would wait until I have $1000, especially if I already had speakers that worked well enough. A lot of things can happen while waiting to save a more realistic amount, at least as far as perceivable upgrades are concerned. Things can go on sale, for example. JBL frequently offers roughly a 50% off on some of their higher performing consumer offerings. Then there's always Black Friday, and other holiday sales events.

The thing about audio is, that it takes very little time to get used to new speakers, and losing any supposed obvious improvements in short order, unless they are profoundly better. Even then, they can leave you wondering and second guessing. The $500 budget range contains a heap of average performers, in 2021 terms.

Now there is just too many brand choices, and it is this redundancy, that pushed/pushes me further into DIY. It irks me when marketers hold back what would otherwise include default optimal performance via the computer/material resources age, to fit a certain economic class. Cut as many of those non producing parasites out, every chance I get.
Hmmm, very insightful point of view. Thanks.
Probably one of the few here who may actually be saving me money. :D
I will continue research and determine if I will buy or wait.
My concern is if I wait, that extra money tends to get allocated for other projects/hobbies.
Its a battle with endless hobby expenses going out which exceeds the income coming in.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Just missed a jbl infinity sale , towers and a few bookshelves were half off .

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
After some more testing yesterday, I opted not to wait to build up funds.
I have 3 other expenses coming due in the few few months (for another hobby) and my wife is talking about other projects.
Either I do it now or it probably won't get done.

The game plan is to order these 3 speakers (only if all are in stock).
  1. Ascend CMT-340 SE
  2. Chane A2.4
  3. HTD Level THREE

Hopefully all will arrive closely together to spend the weekend testing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm genuinely interested to see your impressions. Everyone loves a good ol' fashioned shootout!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis