Thinking about speakers and if I could actually fit them into my current room situation and sound great

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I have two cats. Most got left here by my kids or grandkids and the one stray kitten (last survivor of a litter of 5) is the most recent addition. Now if I can just break the little fella of wanting to live ON me all the time, that will be something else.

My post prompted me to practice what I preach so I broke out the 8" JBLs for a whirl around some reggae/dub music played rather loudly and using the same pair of subs from my main system. This is very good and immersive, stage forward, and really fun. This could very well be a pair of the active Kali Audio IN-8 monitors, which can be placed on their sides as well.

This causes me to listen like this for weeks at a time now. Basically this is because you said you would not be getting rid of your existing speakers, so I instead offer a different style of listening, independent of what you are already doing, and because you listen away from your speakers. These little excursions have caused two friends who are heavily invested in HT, to adopt side systems like this for music.

This ends up being a good way to listen well, on a relative budget, if nothing else. Budget near field monitors can often sound better than much more expensive speakers that are instead, set up in a 'wrong' room. I still have my main speakers in place because I will not replace those either.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Well we got a flood in the basement from the rain and melting snow. It's never flooded that side of the room before. Fortunately the speakers are on platforms over an inch of the carpet. But now all bets are off as to how this room will end up. We've cut a strip of carpet about 3 feet wide along this wall. We are going to cut the remaining strip in this view tomorrow and put down mats that can be moved. I need to be able to see where the water comes in before getting someone over to fix my water problem.

Since I'm now looking for a dehumidifier I measured the room. It's 37 feet by 23 feet.

The speakers don't need to be very loud to fill the room.

2024 01 10 14 09 08.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well we got a flood in the basement from the rain and melting snow. It's never flooded that side of the room before. Fortunately the speakers are on platforms over an inch of the carpet. But now all bets are off as to how this room will end up. We've cut a strip of carpet about 3 feet wide along this wall. We are going to cut the remaining strip in this view tomorrow and put down mats that can be moved. I need to be able to see where the water comes in before getting someone over to fix my water problem.

Since I'm now looking for a dehumidifier I measured the room. It's 37 feet by 23 feet.

The speakers don't need to be very loud to fill the room.

View attachment 65196
Bummed to hear about the water coming in. Hope there is nothing more severe than the hassle of having to get it cleaned up and fixed!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have two cats. Most got left here by my kids or grandkids and the one stray kitten (last survivor of a litter of 5) is the most recent addition. Now if I can just break the little fella of wanting to live ON me all the time, that will be something else.

My post prompted me to practice what I preach so I broke out the 8" JBLs for a whirl around some reggae/dub music played rather loudly and using the same pair of subs from my main system. This is very good and immersive, stage forward, and really fun. This could very well be a pair of the active Kali Audio IN-8 monitors, which can be placed on their sides as well.

This causes me to listen like this for weeks at a time now. Basically this is because you said you would not be getting rid of your existing speakers, so I instead offer a different style of listening, independent of what you are already doing, and because you listen away from your speakers. These little excursions have caused two friends who are heavily invested in HT, to adopt side systems like this for music.

This ends up being a good way to listen well, on a relative budget, if nothing else. Budget near field monitors can often sound better than much more expensive speakers that are instead, set up in a 'wrong' room. I still have my main speakers in place because I will not replace those either.
So glad to see those babies gettin luuuv!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis