Things you wanna buy, but are waiting and saving for Thread!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'll start. I want a LG, Samsung or TCL 55 or 65 inch 4K TV perhaps in time for a holiday sale.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
TV buying time is now :( Superbowl is usually as good or better than Black Friday. That's why I bought mine.

For me it is usually car parts :D My HT is pretty well sorted for now :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
TV buying time is now :( Superbowl is usually as good or better than Black Friday. That's why I bought mine.

For me it is usually car parts :D My HT is pretty well sorted for now :)
That's funny you mentioned car. Im saving to get a used car, so right now I can't get the TV. My family is patiently lending me their car to get to work. I'm in Florida now. I guess I'll have to wait till black Friday sale. :(

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Where to begin? Well, for starters..
1579880183010.png

65". Then there's this...
1579880292292.png

Focal Kanta No 1. Then I was seriously considering this...
1579880396063.png

Anthem STR integrated. While I am fantasizing (but saving for!)...
1579880529982.png

Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Obviously it's not AV, but it does sound nice!

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll start. I want a LG, Samsung or TCL 55 or 65 inch 4K TV perhaps in time for a holiday sale.
'19 holiday sales were legit at BestBuy...I bought a Samsung 82" saved $200....same set now is back up to $1999 until the new models come out or the next sales event.

For me...the last equipment piece I really want is a music streamer, one that integrates with Roon and with the major content music streaming companies.

After researching this for about 6 mos...I'm thinking I'm going with Salk's Stream player Gen 3 with a 4 Tb SS drive.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
'19 holiday sales were legit at BestBuy...I bought a Samsung 82" saved $200....same set now is back up to $1999 until the new models come out or the next sales event.

For me...the last equipment piece I really want is a music streamer, one that integrates with Roon and with the major content music streaming companies.

After researching this for about 6 mos...I'm thinking I'm going with Salk's Stream player Gen 3 with a 4 Tb SS drive.
I have the Bluesound Node 2i and it is a fantastic performer. If one needs storage, they offer the Vault. Salk's Streamplayer III looks very intriguing!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Room treatments, but I kinda have to buy a house first...

There's a certain sadness with not needing to buy anymore gear. The research was always so fun, even the buy/try/sell part of it was fun (albeit expensive). Now I've got great speakers, a great amp, a DAC that meets my main criteria.. and I feel bored all of a sudden.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I also want a 4K 3D projector, but I doubt I can get a good one for about and under $500. Maybe next year. :p
Damn good deal. Optoma UHD51ARFBA 4K Smart Home Theater Projector - Compatible with Alexa and Google Home :

Last edited:

2channel lover

I have the Bluesound Node 2i and it is a fantastic performer. If one needs storage, they offer the Vault. Salk's Streamplayer III looks very intriguing!
Nice...I looked into the bluesound as well.

The OS app is probably the best of the streamers I looked at, better than the Streamplayer's I thought. I'm pretty sold on Roon as the control head and I do have a library and being able to store it on the streamer was important....I have a 5Tb HD now that will turn into my backup.

After a long conversation with Jim Salk, I can appreciate the bare bones, but very solid infrastructure concept...stability across all platforms (hi res, multi-ch, etc.) is what really attracted me to it.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Nice...I looked into the bluesound as well.

The OS app is probably the best of the streamers I looked at, better than the Streamplayer's I thought. I'm pretty sold on Roon as the control head and I do have a library and being able to store it on the streamer was important....I have a 5Tb HD now that will turn into my backup.

After a long conversation with Jim Salk, I can appreciate the bare bones, but very solid infrastructure concept...stability across all platforms (hi res, multi-ch, etc.) is what really attracted me to it.
Got it! Yeah, I use Roon exclusively as it is much more advanced than even BluOS. With the Bluesound app, I was having to jump through hoops to access my remote (i.e., not attached) computer files and it never really worked right. With the Roon core being on my computer, it auto-populated all the music files on my hard drive (s) and BOOM everything is there remotely. Roon also allows the Node to play DSD files.

2channel lover

Got it! Yeah, I use Roon exclusively as it is much more advanced than even BluOS. With the Bluesound app, I was having to jump through hoops to access my remote (i.e., not attached) computer files and it never really worked right. With the Roon core being on my computer, it auto-populated all the music files on my hard drive (s) and BOOM everything is there remotely. Roon also allows the Node to play DSD files.
Ya know, I function quite well w/o Roon for the most part.

Reminiscent of the era when we put on a record and sat down and listened to it, read the lp covers, etc. I've been a spinner of some sort for my entire life and maybe the force of habit, I'm not sure, but I still like to spin my own discs.

I stream music mostly for whole house now, Saturday morning cleanup, there's usually music on. Of course my Sunday morning jazz. Wife and I are pretty much emptynestors so we entertain more now than we did, music is generally part of that as well. For this I normally have playlists, some are 1 or 2 hours long, others are 4 or 5 hours long. Have some nice in ceiling speakers.

I thought I was content with my laptop, running JRiver. It's been hit or miss to be honest, littered with dropouts, freeze ups, laptop falling asleep, laptop nearing dying, etc....so my 1st goal was stability. I saw a friend's set up with Roon and was sold immediately...I intend to do it all together. I was tempted during the holidays, but the 4k TV won out.

Late spring would be ideal, so that's my goal to have it funded. We shall see.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Mastercraft XT25.
OH!!! Was it supposed to be electronics related?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis