They Sound Like Three Way Speakers

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
I have my Aperion Audio Verus III Grand V5B bookshelf speakers topped with Aperion Audio MKII Aluminum Ribbon Super Tweeters. The sound quality is incredible!
By themselves the Verus III Grand V5B speakers have incredible open detailed highs and midrange rounded out with tight punchy bass. Top the speakers off with the MKII Aluminum Ribbon super tweeters and it takes you to a whole other level.
I am currently listening to some Jazz on Amazon Music. 16bit 44.1kHz and 24 bit 96kHz. It honestly sounds as if I am listening to speakers with a tweeter, midrange and woofer combination. By using the MKII super tweeter I get a great extension of openness and detail in the highs. Another excellent bonus is that I also get a boost in the midrange. The midrange opens up even more and has more detail. The sound reminds of my Infinity 6 Kappa speakers with their soft dome midrange. I am a big clarity and detail guy. With the Aperion Audio Verus III Grand V5B speaker and the MKII Aluminum Ribbon Super Tweeter I am getting plenty of both!
4447394A-4E0B-462A-BC24-F7E2370510A5.jpeg
979086F2-4422-4B78-90DB-7EEE0A2D92D6.jpeg

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
How would you explain this?
I just reporting what I and other people in the room heard an commented. The exact technical how would be better explained by the professionals in customer service at Aperion Audio. But there is and upgrade in midrange when the super tweeter is applied.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Mate, you sound like a magazine reviewer. Which most audio people ignore. If those speakers are so wonderful why would you need to add another Tweeter, ?

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
I am not a magazine reviewer! Not even close. The super tweeter compliments the speaker by extending the top end increasing details. Maybe I should ignore people that call me a magazine reviewer. If you look at my post Audioholics has me listed as a simple enthusiast not a sophisticated Audioholic like you.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
On a nicer note, I have heard super tweeters can make a difference and "open up the top end". I kinda wanted to try them before I got my JBL setup. Hey if you like it, that is literally all that matters in the world.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am not a magazine reviewer! Not even close. The super tweeter compliments the speaker by extending the top end increasing details. Maybe I should ignore people that call me a magazine reviewer. If you look at my post Audioholics has me listed as a simple enthusiast not a sophisticated Audioholic like you.
Those designations are simply pre-determined by your current post count...not particularly meaningful...

What I'd like to see are comparative measurements....

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
The super tweeter compliments the speaker by extending the top end increasing details
That might well be correct if the Tweeter in the speaker cabinet is below par, Frankly I have never had much use for ribbon tweeters , About the only one worth bothering with would be the "Townsend" http://www.townshendaudio.com/supertweeters/ But in my opinion nothing comes close to, A high level Scan Speak R2904/700000
https://www.scan-speak.dk/product/r2904-700000/ [they also come in a black finish]

What I'd like to see are comparative measurements....
No measurements in the world are going to tell you what they sound like.. And it's O SO very easy to doctor up the graph, " Just saying "

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I have my Aperion Audio Verus III Grand V5B bookshelf speakers topped with Aperion Audio MKII Aluminum Ribbon Super Tweeters. The sound quality is incredible!
By themselves the Verus III Grand V5B speakers have incredible open detailed highs and midrange rounded out with tight punchy bass. Top the speakers off with the MKII Aluminum Ribbon super tweeters and it takes you to a whole other level.
I am currently listening to some Jazz on Amazon Music. 16bit 44.1kHz and 24 bit 96kHz. It honestly sounds as if I am listening to speakers with a tweeter, midrange and woofer combination. By using the MKII super tweeter I get a great extension of openness and detail in the highs. Another excellent bonus is that I also get a boost in the midrange. The midrange opens up even more and has more detail. The sound reminds of my Infinity 6 Kappa speakers with their soft dome midrange. I am a big clarity and detail guy. With the Aperion Audio Verus III Grand V5B speaker and the MKII Aluminum Ribbon Super Tweeter I am getting plenty of both! View attachment 56237View attachment 56238
Noice! Glad you are enjoying them - that is all that matters!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm sorry, but "Maximum Supertweeters heighten the sense of realism in music by extending the frequency response of conventional hi-fi speakers up to 90kHz. Although this is way above the theoretical limit of human hearing the presence of these frequencies creates a sense of naturalness and reveals detail right down into the bass." and "What surprises people the most is the extra detail that they hear in the bass. You might expect the greater sense of ease and openness which they introduce but the harmonic detail that is revealed across the entire audio band is nothing short of miraculous." have nothing to do with the bass. You can measure the spectral content until the end of time and not see harmonics anywhere near the range where they say these are effective.

Also, the graph....... stating 94.5 dB sensitivity in the range where people can't hear is pretty useless.

1653570681652.png

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I just reporting what I and other people in the room heard an commented. The exact technical how would be better explained by the professionals in customer service at Aperion Audio. But there is and upgrade in midrange when the super tweeter is applied.
Placebo is real.

There is no theoretical or scientific explanation for why adding frequencies above human hearing would have an impact on mid-bass of an existing speaker.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis