The WEIRDEST 2.0 setup I've ever seen!

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Check this sucker out. I regularly cruise by Craig's List, looking for CDs, DVDs, and whatever else. I found a guy wanting to sell his two speakers -- no brand mentioned -- just that they're in excellent condition and "will blow you away!"

I came close to e-mailing him to tell him a little something about stereo separation, but it's not really my place, and heck, I'm still pretty green in regards to audio stuff. But I found the picture so funny, I had to share it.

I wonder what the music sounded like in that room . . .

cheers,
supervij

Attachments

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
And how does all that glassware stay put??

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I agree, if that glassware is still standing, that guy's definition of "blow you away" is very different from mine.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Regardless of placement, based on what I see, the only way they'll blow anything away is with some fans installed.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
maybe he can walk on walls (then again, it'd be di/bipolar)

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
I thinking maybe dual centers? Maybe those glasses slide off to the side then some motorized wood doors open to reveal a nice small lcd? I'm visualizing maybe a Batman style bust where head flips over to reveal the secret control for motorized bar/theater....

Or it could just be someone who doesn't know better/doesn't care. As hard as I find it to believe there are some people out there who are happy with good enough and can't understand why any of us spend time "toeing in" a speaker to make it sound better. Say for example....all of my previous girlfriends.

However I will offer up a solid $5 for the pair as long as it includes shipping.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis