P

Potzi

Banned
JohnD, I'm sorry to say that I don't know why'd you say such at thing as "the extra 1k spent on the signature servo is really for looks. They are basically the same sub with a few modifications on the signature that I don't believe can really be heard" Honestly I found it made a spectacular difference, especially with the servo closed loop system intergrated into the amplifier, and I also believe that the look of the Signature servo is definatly worth the money if you're starting from nothing. Sincerely Potzi

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You tell them Potzi! :)

Naisphoo or whatever your name is, shut up. If potzi likes paradigm, and makes HIS OWN THREAD about it, he can say what ever he wants in it. No one put a gun to your head and said "reply, *****". If he feels Paradigm is the best stuff for the money, or no money, so be it. If you feel differently, so be it, but don't be a jerk about it.

Potzi,

Although I am taking your side on this, you need to remember what you THINK is not what others THINK. Your opinion is not law, its an opinion, and you know how the saying goes.. "An opinion is like as ***, Everone has one, and they all stink".

SheepStar

N

naisphoo

Banned
Sheep said:
You tell them Potzi! :)

Naisphoo or whatever your name is, shut up. If potzi likes paradigm, and makes HIS OWN THREAD about it, he can say what ever he wants in it. No one put a gun to your head and said "reply, *****". If he feels Paradigm is the best stuff for the money, or no money, so be it. If you feel differently, so be it, but don't be a jerk about it.

Potzi,

Although I am taking your side on this, you need to remember what you THINK is not what others THINK. Your opinion is not law, its an opinion, and you know how the saying goes.. "An opinion is like as ***, Everone has one, and they all stink".

SheepStar
way to go sheep...you are right i need to chill out...but to think that paradigm is the ultimate is a long stretch...potzi yep it's a long stretch...and adding a little zest of nationalism to that is shall i say uncanadian...

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Potzi said:
JohnD, I'm sorry to say that I don't know why'd you say such at thing as "the extra 1k spent on the signature servo is really for looks. They are basically the same sub with a few modifications on the signature that I don't believe can really be heard" Honestly I found it made a spectacular difference, especially with the servo closed loop system intergrated into the amplifier, and I also believe that the look of the Signature servo is definatly worth the money if you're starting from nothing. Sincerely Potzi
Potzi! Don't take it personally. All is said was the signature is "basically" the same sub as the servo15 v2 that I did not feel warranted the extra $1,000.00 outlay. There are some differences, and to my ear they were subtle (higher db level, lower extension (down to 10hz!), etc.). And, oh yes, it's prettiness. Let me remind all that you only mentioned;
1) the servo system; and,
2) the "look".
I am not disagreeing. I am the first to admire fine artwork, or in this case, a beautiful cabinet...I am an experienced carpenter. My system just happens to be all black because it is in the ht. I'm just saying "I" did not warrant double the price on the signature (I paid $1,600.00 for my servo). I am not berating the signature in any way...it sounds at least as good as my servo...for twice the price.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
Ok maybe I came off harsh but Paradigm is not the end all be all. Also may be I should have prefaced with my system:

SqueezeBox3 > Odyssey Tempest > Odyessy Khartago > Paradigm Studio 60 v3s.

I love my Paradigms but they are not the "BEST" speakers in the world.

oh yeah

imho

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
sts9fan: Agreed! Nice cleanup/explanation. Only a complete and utter fool could rationally argue with your statement.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Saying this speaker being ultimate

is a strong remark and will solicit equally strong reactions. It can lead to very heated debates as already seen.

To me Paradigm makes a good product but they also have a huge marketing department at work. So when people think Canadian speaker, they gravitate to the name most know. Is it deserved? Well partially.

Personally I've auditioned Paradigm and have purchased PSB instead as there sound is more to my liking. Its a personal thing. There are also many high end Canadian speaker manufactureres that will leave both Paradigm's Signature and PSB's Platinum series in the dust.

So please be careful how you say its ultimate. There is a saying ..

"One man's meat is another man's poison" Ultimate doesn't exist in the speaker world

P

Potzi

Banned
Dear Sheep, I know that my statement is solely an opinion, it's nothing close to "law" as you say. I just have a passion for them, thats why I stated this asking for others favorites, thats all I wanna know. I used a basis of my system to let others consider what they feel is the "Ultimate". If someone agrees so be it, if not then I'd like to hear your opinion. The point of my thread is that I want to know what all people have been subjegated to. In other words I want to know what you all have been listening too and your "Ultimate" by OPINION.

P

Potzi

Banned
Naisphoo, you can bite me, thats harsh and ignorant, if you think that paradigm isn't worthy of this standing or anything close, just state you opinion instead of bashing everything I say! and JohnD, I honestly wasn't taking this personally, the only thing I have taken this way is Naisphoo nationalism remark which was incredibly uncalled for. I personally like when some members simply presented a speaker brand and model, and why they like it best, whether it's paradigm for their brilliant composition to precisly create the sound of the original source recording, or Klipsch's ability to knock you directly on your A$$, or infinty's Reference speakers which are garauteed to hit 120db without distortion in ANY room. Like I've posted before, a good pair of speakers can sound like absolute ---- if not set up properly or if inadequate components are used, if I hooked up a pair of anything to my sansui reciever in my closet they'd sound like crap compared to the brystons. so it has to be viewed straight from the original source of the signal, whether it be your cable reciever or your satelite dish reciever, your c.d. or dvd player, and then follow from there and finally after all this crap making my point and verifying why I believe the signature are THE best, is because the produce exactly what they're told to, nothing more and nothing less

[Edit: You know what, I don't have the time to be editing posts to make them safe for younger audiences. First and last warning. Substitution for certain words isn't enough - leave out the excessive adjectives. - Admin]

P

Potzi

Banned
3bd, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Your statement makes so much sense, and yes, it's solely opinion, just like mine. No, your set up might not be the best in the world, but if it's to your liking then techinacally to you it is and thats what I'm looking for, aside from the fact that I'm stating the signatures as my favorite even though I do enjoy the studio's

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Potzi said:
In a worldwide audio competition, the Studio 100v.2 were runners up to a pair of speakers worth $150,000
Potzi: Any more information on that competition (when, where, contenders, etc)? Either way, I love my 100's...it's just fun knowing some trivia.

N

naisphoo

Banned
Potzi said:
Naisphoo, you can bite me, thats harsh and ignorant... [snip]
i'm sorry pozi, yes it's your thread and it's your own right to say whatever you like. sheep yes it's his thread i'm sorry...i shut up. mehehehehe. damn mouton.lol

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Potzi said:
Naisphoo, you can bite me, thats harsh and ignorant... [snip]
See, now your contradicting yourself. As you've said, its soley an opinion. Someone is allowed to give theres too you know. WITHOUT a retaliation.

Also, many threads like this already exist. Try the search function every once and awhile.

SheepStar

P

Potzi

Banned
Sheep are you drunk 24/7 the only retaliation was against a direct insult so if thats contradicting myself then maybe you should go back to your yu.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Potzi said:
Sheep are you drunk 24/7 the only retaliation was against a direct insult so if thats contradicting myself then maybe you should go back to your yu.
Go back to my what? Think before you type.

SheepStar

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Potzi said:
Yu, it's a young SHEEP duh! Don't be a protagonistic F&*^ing pecker head, I never did F*^* all to you and all you can be is a F*&!ing prick, F*(& You!
Well Mr. Master 'o Words, the name for a female sheep is ewe. Maybe it's time that you start taking your pills again. Another outburst like that and Mr. DeBoer might get angry! :eek:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jaxvon said:
Well Mr. Master 'o Words, the name for a female sheep is ewe. Maybe it's time that you start taking your pills again. Another outburst like that and Mr. DeBoer might get angry! :eek:
Don't worry about it guys, Mr. DeBoer hs been informed, with all my evidence.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis