Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, who the hell drove it 8 km before you bought it!?!?!? Factory monkeys go for a little test drive, a la Ferris Bueller?!?
Hee, hee! Reminds me of when I went to look at buying a Nissan Z back in 1996. A dealer here had one on the lot listed as "new" with quite a price premium because they were becoming hard to find. I noticed that it had 3000 miles on it (no, not a type...three thousand) and asked about it. After talking to his manager to find out, the salesman came back and said "oh, those were put on by the guy who stole it off the lot." I'm sure that he really babied it and only stole it to drive his elderly grandmother to church on Sundays. Let me get out my checkbook...

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
great car but why does chevy still upgrade to Bose speakers

great car but why does chevy still upgrade to Bose speakers:

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Hatchback (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Option Code Option Name and Description
4LT Premium Equipment Group
Includes vehicle with standard equipment and side impact airbags, cargo net, luggage shade, multi-level heated sport bucket seats with perforated leather seating surfaces, back angle adjustment, power adjustable lumbar support and side bolsters, 6-way power passenger seat, head-up display (with readouts for street mode, track mode, G-meter, vehicle speed, engine RPM and gauges), Universal Home Remote transmitter, power telescoping steering column, memory package (with 2 driver settings for power driver seat, exterior mirrors and telescoping steering column), AM/FM radio with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), auxiliary input jack, 7 Bose speakers, automatic volume control, steering wheel mounted audio controls, digital clock, TheftLock and Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package with leather-wrapped upper instrument panel, upper door trim panels and console storage cover, exclusive leather color and two-tone design, seat headrest "tonal" crossed flag embroidery, enhanced armrest padding and special bias pattern console trim plate.
3LT Coupe Preferred Equipment Group
Includes vehicle with standard equipment and side impact airbags, cargo net, luggage shade, multi-level heated sport bucket seats with perforated leather seating surfaces, back angle adjustment, power adjustable lumbar support and side bolsters, 6-way power passenger seat, head-up display (with readouts for street mode, track mode, G-meter, vehicle speed, engine RPM and gauges), Universal Home Remote transmitter, power telescoping steering column, memory package (with 2 driver settings for power driver seat, exterior mirrors and telescoping steering column), AM/FM radio with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), auxiliary input jack, 7 Bose speakers, automatic volume control, steering wheel mounted audio controls, digital clock, and TheftLock.
F55 Magnetic Selective Ride Control Suspension
Includes magnetic selective ride control suspension with tour or sport modes and larger brakes with cross-drilled rotors. NOT AVAILABLE with Z51, Z51.
QX3 Chrome Aluminum Wheels
Includes 5-spoke chrome alloy 18" x 8.5" front wheels and 19" x 10" rear wheels.
U3U AM/FM Radio w/CD Player and DVD Navigation
Includes AM/FM radio with CD player, MP3 player, Bose premium 7-speaker system , DVD navigation with GPS, 6.5" LCD color display touch screen, voice recognition, Radio Data System (RDS), seek and scan, digital clock, auto tone control, automatic volume and TheftLock.
Z51 Performance Handling Package (w/GU2)
Includes power steering cooler, engine oil cooler, transmission oil cooler, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, upgraded shock absorbers, larger brakes with cross-drilled rotors, upgraded tires and 2.73 performance axle ratio. REQUIRES MX0. INCLUDES GU2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
One of my buddies has a Bose system in his car. It actually sounds pretty good, for a stock stereo system. Any one know if their car speaker specs are any better than their HT?

Jack

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
One of my buddies has a Bose system in his car. It actually sounds pretty good, for a stock stereo system. Any one know if their car speaker specs are any better than their HT?

Jack
Even if it still sounds better than stock, I wouldn't upgrade to a Bose system out of sheer principle. :)

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned

Hey, who the hell drove it 8 km before you bought it!?!?!? Factory monkeys go for a little test drive, a la Ferris Bueller?!?
You are kidding right / 8km is only 4.97 miles less than 5 miles

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
You are kidding right / 8km is only 4.97 miles less than 5 miles
No, I wasn't kidding. I can't be 5 miles from the end of the assembly line to the back of the shipping truck.

Do they actually test drive each car they make?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats Dave, she's a beaut! Hey, when are you going to install the Bose 8 track?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Today

we just bought a brand new 09 Toyota Camry Hybrid not quite a Corvette. I'm going out on the limb here, but I don't think your Vette would qualify for ecoAction eligibility rebate for fuel efficient cars;). Considering gas prices are @$1.20+/litre, I guess you'll do most of you cruising locally.:D

JK, maybe one day when its just me and the Missus we would be lucky enough to own a Vette. :cool:

Regards, Billy P:)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
8-track, I think not. The last time I had a 8-track was a factory quadraphonic 8-track in a 77 Lincoln Mark V.

The Corvette is rated at 20MPG city and 35MPG highway. No ecoAction rebate, bit I'll take that for 430HP. I plan on taking this to NC this summer and I expect that I'll get similar mileage to my Focus.

The Bose system does not sound very good, but in Canada it is the base radio in the Corvette. We can't get the stripper version up here that is available in the States. All Canadian cars are built as either 3LT or 4LT models, meaning they're pretty loaded up even if you get no other options. I may be able to tweak the radio with the custom eq, but I don't know how much control the eq will have, i.e. how many bands. To be honest, the radio is not very high on my list of priorities in that car. It's been off most of the time.

There are so many personalization settings to set that it will take some time to figure it all out. I have my memory seat, mirrors, telescoping steering wheel settings adjusted. I programmed the universal garage door remote, turned off the HUD and activated On Star. I haven't even programmed any radio presets yet and I still have to think of a custom user text to put in the information center so that the car will greet me each time with a personal slogan.

Oh, and I'm OK with only 8km delivery mileage. This is probably my 10th or 11th new car and I've never had one with less mileage. I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
No, I wasn't kidding. I can't be 5 miles from the end of the assembly line to the back of the shipping truck.

Do they actually test drive each car they make?
I had a few friends who used to work for car dealerships. Apparently it's pretty normal for most new cars to have ~5-6 or so miles on them by the time they reach the dealership. That's legitimately from the assembly line, being moved to storage lots, on and off trucks, more storage lots, back onto a truck and sent to another dealership, etc. And all that's not including test drive miles.

My car came off the truck (I was there when it arrived) with ~8 miles on the odometer. And the manufacture date was only ~3 days prior to me getting it.

Jack

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis