The Scarlett TV Series Hoax by LG Electronics

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Want to market your new flat panel TV? Why not consider creating the concept for a new TV show, getting it placed into the imdb.com, drumming up a full release party with 500 invitees, bring them to a theater for a swanky screening... And then tell them it's a big hoax. Yeah, that'll sell tons of TVs! On Monday night, about 500 people planned to gather at the Pacific Design Center in Hollywood for a full-blown release-style screening of Scarlet, a new TV series from director David Nutter that was supposed to star Natassia Malthe. Except that the premier never happened. In fact, the show never truly existed in the first place.

Discuss "The Scarlett TV Series Hoax by LG Electronics" here. Read the article.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
People don't like to be deceived. This will come back to bite their Korean asses.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
You've got to give it to this guy, it has to take a dump truck to carry around the set between his legs he needed to follow this through. As to whether or not it was a good idea or not, you're reading about it aren't you? It probably did exactly what they hoped it would, got the name out there, in a good or bad way it gets people talking about the product.

Mike

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I'll go out on limb and predict this: nothing will come it, those they marketed to won't care and they probably don't even purchase their on TVs, they have HT pros do their electronics, J6P won't care either, he's in it for the cheapest, doesn't get invited to premiers anyway, so a small number of Hollywood hacks got mad, where's the beef? The only bad publicity is NO publicity, what I do find interesting is that LG, being the company that they are, actually considered this stunt. That's the most interesting part of the story, their sales must be slipping a bit.:D

N

niget2002

Junior Audioholic
Wow... this is the first I've heard of either the trailor or the stunt... I love it.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm 50/50 on this one. Part of me thinks its brilliant and funny as hell. Another part says they may have took it too far and now I have some new doubts about their credibility as a company. FTR, I don't recall having ever seen or heard of Scarlett prior to reading this article.

Jack

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Not many people have, so the damage, if any, will be minimal. Like I said, those insulted most likely don't buy their own TVs, HT pros do that for them.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
A part of me sees someone getting sued for claiming it's directed by the people that did Smallville.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis