The Rotating Immersive Surround Speaker Concept

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Lately it seems the new craze is MORE is better. We see this with inflated power ratings in AV receivers, and now with the "necessity" of adding more speakers to the home theater to achieve immersive 3D surround sound. How can the manufacturers and their tech partners like Dolby and DTS figure out a way to add more speakers when the current technology becomes yesterday's news? We have the solution.

Find out what the next generation of surround sound speaker technology may look like.

Read: The Rotating Immersive Surround Speaker Concept

Who wants this type of speaker technology?

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
That sounds reminiscent of a test with an ENT to confirm vestibular nerve damage...

Introducing the All-New: VERTIGO (tm)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Here's an approach using light bulbs.

Pulse Bulb

An energy-saving LED bulb is great, but you know what’s better? A bulb that also packs in an integrated Bluetooth speaker. The marriage between lightbulb and music player might seem unusual, but by replacing a few bulbs around the home, you can quickly achieve immersive surround sound that spans every room in your house. The Pulse Bulb by Sengled features a speaker from JBL and screws into a standard light socket. Once installed, you can be control both the light and the speaker from your phone or tablet.

B

big O

Junior Audioholic
i envision a brick room where every brick has an embedded piezo speaker for a full 360 degree immersive experience so real you can experience the movie with your eyes closed.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
i envision a brick room where every brick has an embedded piezo speaker for a full 360 degree immersive experience so real you can experience the movie with your eyes closed.
If one made an acoustically transparent floor, it could be a complete sphere of them! :D.

B

big O

Junior Audioholic
If one made an acoustically transparent floor, it could be a complete sphere of them! :D.
ha ha.

i would also like to see a robotic arm with a speaker attached on the end that can move 360 degrees around ones head, so if i want to place a voice right in front of the listeners face, we just have the robot arm move the speaker right in front of their face. can you say immersive? :D

V

vinod.r

Audiophyte
Maybe such a speaker should a robotic arm too, so that if someone does not agree that the sound is immersive, it could thonk the head of the person who does not agree!!!:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis