THE OFFICIAL CRIMSON TIDE - UNRATED EXTENDED EDITION REVIEW THREAD (Buena Vista)

D

DTS Fanatic

Banned
"I didn't make you defensive. I'm not criticizing your work."

It seemed like you were; if you were not, my apologies.

"I'm just saying that I don't think you need to defend your work anymore than you already have - not that you should have had to defend it in the first place."

Fair enough; sometimes folks need a check, though, as to clip -- or keep their comments inline -- because they are not aware exactly how they are hurting someone.

"It is? Are you under the impression that I'm arguing against you?"

It appeared that way.

"You wouldn't think grown, adult, educated people would argue about whether a movie from 1995 is old or not, but that hasn't seemed to stop us yet ;) ."

1995 does not seem old in any capacity, to be honest.

"Anyway, people care about themselves first and foremost. If human beings are anything, they are self-centered and egotistical (especially us males of the species). Are you really surprised that someone came along and thought that your extremely lengthy review of an older movie was a bit of overkill?"

Yes...what does that have to do with being self-important?

"They saw it and they thought it was a waste of time - for them - and they let everyone know it by posting their opinion. It didn't surprise me!! Maybe I just understand human nature better than most :rolleyes:"

Sadly, and pathetically, I think you are right -- you DO know human nature better than most; I have given so-called "human beings" the benefit of the doubt far too long and given "people" (such as this Shinerman character) way too much credit; still, I dont think it was called for to say that this was a "waste of their time" without ANY thought to the time, effort and intention that was injected into this review. Dont want to read it? Fine. Dont call it a waste of time; I dont think that is fair.

"Since you seem to think I've been fighting you this whole time (when in fact I was defending you in my own way), I'll let you win this argument as a peace offering. Just let me know what the cutoff point - at what point can I start calling a movie an old movie?"

You can call an old film an old film for how many times as you like; I accept your peace offering and would like to end this, as well. I dont think you are fighting me. Thank you, sir.

Now....Poseidon Adventure, which I just reviewed, IS an old film!!

D

DTS Fanatic

Banned
Clint DeBoer said:
I can't find anywhere this review is plagiarised. The "whine" factor in this thread is amazing.
Clint,

This is my own review, written by me and painstakingly so; as is the Poseidon Adventure; I don't know what you define as "whine," but I was merely trying to defend my work on these. What's amazing to me is the level of disrespect by members who call this "garbage" when I was only trying to supply information about these new releases as well as the tendency for administration to allow such things. I hope the review was appreciated and proved informative for those fans who share their passion for Crimson Tide and were contemplating double dipping on this Extended Edition.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
I can't find anywhere this review is plagiarised. The "whine" factor in this thread is amazing.
Clint sorry for inappropriate previous posts. I was just simply trying to convey DTS Fanatic is in fact DJ Scotty who was previously banned from this site and many others for plagiarism. How can we trust these reviews are his own based on his previous behavior?

Shinerman

Last edited:
Wow. I guess the fact that his email is djscotty_2000@... should have been a tipoff, too...

Banned.

This time, please don't come back. I don't know what your motivation is, but it's hardly worth the effort.

majorloser

majorloser

DTS Fanatic said:
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, this one above is simply ridiculous; this film is absolutely far from a "pile of crap;" in fact, I would go as far to say it's one of the best in the Bruckheimer/Simpson stable of unrealistic scenario summer blockbusters. When you say it's not an accurate portrayal of the "Silent Service," what exactly do you mean? :confused:
That's where you called my review ridiculous.

EDIT: I never said your review was bad. Just the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis