The most annoying song thread

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not quite singing, but also annoying even with Bernie's approval

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The Beatles were already feuding among themselves when they made the White album. The songs on it were inconsistent and, in retrospect, it was clear how they were acting as four individuals pulling different directions. I think they were running out of good material for it, and were arguing over most everything, especially whose songs would be included. The result was Number 9.

No body but Charles Manson liked Number 9, or was it Helter Skelter? I forget. Prior to this album, the Beatles were essentially worshiped at the time. Nothing they produced failed to sell well. After the White album, their breakup was in view, although most people didn't want to believe it.

Those other songs were hilariously bad. I have to admit, other than Tiptoe Through the
Tulips, I hadn't heard of any of them. Tiptoe was always a bad joke from the beginning. Surfin Bird doesn't seem nearly so bad compared to them.

Last edited:
KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
The Beatles were already feuding among themselves when they made the White album. The songs on it were inconsistent and, in retrospect, it was clear how they were acting as four individuals pulling different directions. I think they were running out of good material for it, and were arguing over most everything, especially whose songs would be included. The result was Number 9.

No body but Charles Manson liked Number 9, or was it Helter Skelter? I forget. Prior to this album, the Beatles were essentially worshiped at the time. Nothing they produced failed to sell well. After the White album, their breakup was in view, although most people didn't want to believe it.

Those other songs were hilariously bad. I have to admit, other than Tiptoe Through the
Tulips, I hadn't heard of any of them. Tiptoe was always a bad joke from the beginning. Surfin Bird doesn't seem nearly so bad compared to them.
Helter Skelter was the song Manson liked. "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" is just bad... plumb bad. "Surfin Bird" I can at least stand to listen to and get a hoot out of it.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic

"The Elements: Fire" by the Beach Boys is worse than "Revolution 9"

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Ever wonder why an annoying song can get stuck in your head? You know you hate it, but still sing along. Do we secretly like them? Are we lying to ourselves? Whats the deal?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ever wonder why an annoying song can get stuck in your head? You know you hate it, but still sing along. Do we secretly like them? Are we lying to ourselves? Whats the deal?
It's called an "Earworm" @Drunkpenguin . Once we hear something annoying or catchy, we keep it in our heads subconciously, and it plays OVER AND OVER AND OVER again like a looped tape or CD.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I went fishing once. Only once. Wasnt for me. But i do recall the worm looking at me while i stabbed it with a hook and saying "revenge shall be mine".

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I went fishing once. Only once. Wasnt for me. But i do recall the worm looking at me while i stabbed it with a hook and saying "revenge shall be mine".
LOL! Completely different type of worm, pal. It's just a term.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I know what an ear worm is. Just curious about the psychology of it.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Most of my life, I wake up with a 'song of the day' running in my head. Some are good songs, some are dreadful, some are commercial jingles.

The most persistent ear worm I've ever had was the "What Up With That?" song done in that bit on SNL. It lasted for days. One day at work I burst out laughing at a long boring meeting I was in. Everyone who talked seemed to be singing What Up With That. I still can be triggered by that song.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief

But this is a close second and perhaps the worst ear worm song ever. You have been warned. Be glad I didnt use the TEN HOUR remix!:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis