The Marantz AV7705 Surround Processor/Pre-Amplifier Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Why separates? Freakin' snob appeal, that's why. "My gear's better than your gear ... :p ".

I

imsat

Audiophyte
Denon X4300H is heating up with external amps (for all channels) causing trouble with the 7.1.4 setup but, having a pre-pro will help reduce the heating issue and it's going to be a nice upgrade with Marantz sound.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I am looking for a preamp. right now. My receiver died and I am saving money to buy a pre and amp. This great one would be awesome and I would only have to save for a good amp. I just had a Marantz receiver and they last for years. Thanks for the chance.

Y

Yes_AlexCook

Audiophyte
I'm interested in this because it would allow me to hook up some self-powered monitors into a multi-channel system. All about precision!

Edigstunes

Edigstunes

Audiophyte
I don't actually wish to win this, as I already have it. A huge upgrade from the previous Pioneer Elite integrated amp (which I loved and had for years)...the difference between the integrated amp and this AV7705 with a D-Sonic 400 w/ch amp (7 channels, 5 in use) is...not subtle...I'm not going to say "there is never too much power" but this rig has allowed my Ascend Sierra 2/s w/RAAL to "breathe". Surround performance is equally impressive, whether 5.1 or 4.0 surround music, or the latest movies, it is impressive. I really like the AV7705 as my first step into separates, will be moving to Atmos next year, and can't wait!

Good luck to all...the lucky winner will most certainly be happy!

G

Genso

Audiophyte
Because the internet told me preamps will save me money on AVRs, even though the cost virtually the same and obsolete just as fast.

M

Marty Strype

Audiophyte
Found the advantage of separates a long time ago. Best way to go in my opinion. Would love the 7705.

Robert Hall

Robert Hall

Audiophyte
My house is all wood and the listening room REALLY needs top notch correction and gear to up the sound of5 KEF 50's and RSL speedwoofers for games and movies.

ritechie

ritechie

Audiophyte
Right now I use my (Yamaha) receiver to output to a 5 channel amp for my family room REVEL, 3 speaker array plus surrounds. I would much prefer to swap in a more fully featured Pre-Amp processor to expand my speaker count (and add more or bigger power amplifiers).
I've owned two other Marantz units over the years. The wonderful integrated amp from long ago was the only one I trusted to power my Infinity Quantum II. Both were sold to a friend. Later on a Marantz slimline receiver powered a different system, and that is out there in the world still making someone else happy. There is so much to love with Marantz quality.

C

Chez_Rubenstein

Audiophyte
I really want to get the best sound possible. Member of other forums have touted the positives of separates and tube amps. I would be excited to upgrade my system. It's been tough slipping sound upgrades in-between college tuition payments.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
I've been using an old Yami receiver as a pre/pro for more than a decade and would love to upgrade.

C

Chewdude

Audiophyte
Well as of now I run separates but am only able to run 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos due to the older Denon receiver Model AVR-X3400H. I would like to expand to eventually have 9.2.6 Dolby Atmos but that's a ways off budget wize for my family. This would be a grand prize for sure. I never win anything lol and would be totally floored if I ever did win anything as valuable as this Marantz head unit.
Lucky lucky chicken bone!!!
Thanks for the opportunity,
Chad

T

TSAdmiral

Audiophyte
After going separates coming from only a receiver, I can't go back.

MichaelBY

MichaelBY

Audiophyte
I'd love to expand beyond 5.2.2 and also to add zones. Why separates? I think there are a multitude of reasons. Foremost is the flexibility to match amplifiers to each speaker and room size requirement. Second is to not have to repeatedly pay to replace amplifiers when upgrading signal processing. Third is performance. Isolation of processors from amplifiers reduces noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis