The Marantz AV7705 Surround Processor/Pre-Amplifier Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KDPearson

Audiophyte
Flexible upgrade path. Nice equipment. Great to plug into current system.

B

Breakout114

Audiophyte
I would love to win this amp as my current set up is ancient and i would love to upgrade to a new technology

S

SG71

Audiophyte
I've been buying Marantz SR5000 AVR's for almost 20yrs. Would love to move up to separates. Would like to hear how it'll change the sound from my Paradigm Prestige floor standers. Thanks for the chance Audioholics and Marantz.

D

douglaskevin

Audiophyte
Moving to a new home and would like to set up a home theater with this processor.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I need this as badly as we need to care for our Veterans more.

S

Shazmatazz

Audiophyte
My wife would hate it so much if I won this this pro/pre.

L

Lifegaurd

Audiophyte
Separates comparatively provide an ocean of sound quality and system flexibility. Surf’s up!!

N

Novilicious

Audiophyte
I don't know if it’s the tinnitus or the age, but I want to pursue separates since they a lower noise floor. When I crank up the music, I like music against a dark background, not hums, hisses, or noise. Need I mention the pre out voltage issue that Gene showed us all that receivers suffer from. Except for the new 8015 and 8805, this marantz 7705 is the bees knees!

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
I have amps that aren’t currently being used. They need something else to play with.

H

HDsoundfan

Audiophyte
I would upgrade from a 5.1 surround sound system to Dolby Atmos. My housemates upstairs would probably move out.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It seems there is much more interest in separates than I thought.

A really good unit like that Marantz 7705 can really be the basis of a good AV system.

I really like mine, and still have two of the previous generation in regular use. The sound is superb, and the unit is now really well debugged with the software updates.

If possible rack mount it. Also I would counsel against power amps with single power supplies powering a multiplicity of power amps. I'm not sure that really harnesses all the benefits. If I did not have a large collection of Quad amps, then I think I would use 2 channel pro amps rack mounted. This makes for increased reliability and only have to replace a single 2 channel amp rather than all your amps.

Now if you do get a collection of high powered 2 channel amps, the turn on in draw current is high. For an 11.2 channel system this will require 2 circuits of 15 amps at least. You should also install magnetic shunt breakers on those circuits, to handle the in draw turn on current.

If the amps do not have front mounted switches, or if you want the amps out of site, I recommend a 24 volt system of relays, and a switch unit in an accessible position.

24/27 volt transformers and relays are easily obtained and are not expensive. They are widely used in HVAC systems. My mechanical/HVAC room is peppered with them.

This picture shows the type of transformers and relays I'm talking about.

You can see the lighted switches are arranged to start the left and right main amps, center amps, surround and ceiling amps, and the rear back amps.
This allows you to just switch on the amps you want to use.

UPS to power the pre/pro and peripheral units and TV, but not the power amps.

I really think this makes for a robust and stable installation.

I think these systems are getting much more stable. I can't imagine we are going to require anymore channels in domestic installations than we have now.

In terms of screen resolutions I think we have well and truly reached the limit of human biology. What I am getting at is that pending some totally revolutionary technology obsolescence will become progressively less of an issue. So I think the gains from putting in robust reliable systems will move to the forefront.

If active speakers start to really take hold, which I think they will, then a unit like this makes the transition easy, given the XLR balanced outputs.

I actually do not use the features built into these type of units. Once set up I just use the unit to select inputs and sound modes, and then control the volume. I only use Audyssey to balance the speakers, and none of its Eq functions. Everything else is from the peripherals.

So I think the 7705 can be a major part of a reliable and robust system with the expectation of longevity in a professionally planned and executed installation. In my experience going about it with this mind set actually over time ends up being the most economical on the budget.

E

everett820

Audiophyte
I’ve been wanting to move to separates for a long time. This will accelerate the process if I’m extremely lucky.

J

jefbrene

Audiophyte
Just received the Columbia Classics collection so I can watch Lawrence of Arabia in 4K... Sweet!

N

NJones

Audiophyte
I would be ecstatic if I won this.
I would love to be able to eventually go separates. For the sound, headroom , and dynamic range. It’s definitely part of my future upgrades plan.

N

NoddOne

Audiophyte
This would be perfect timing!! My basement mancave is almost finished, so I am currently in the market to go separates. I am running my Paradigm 95f’s and 55C off of a Denon 2300 receiver. They will be re-homed to the new basement man cave soon and they DESERVE more power!!!
F0B18C4C-C61D-4861-A6A1-0A058FDAF07E.jpeg

X

Xbenny

Audiophyte
Casual reader I'll stop by once in a while to catch up on the latest be it 2ch or home theater. I have a 2015 Pioneer Elite SC-91 so if I'm lucky and the Marantz AV7705 comes my way I'll couple it with a nice Class D amp hopefully with a purifi module in it.

P

Paul_Charlie

Audiophyte
I have been waiting for years to upgrade my Yamaha RX-A820. I already have an emotive XPA-7 waiting for a good pre/pro. I've been waiting and hoping for new processors to come out this year. The Anthem AV70 looks promising but I would really like to see Yamaha and Marantz new products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis