Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Has a youtube channel by that name, nice kid from Vancouver who loves riding on trains, I just find his presentation more tolerable than most youtubers....check him out.
Just watched the videos he did of his train trip to Churchill and the Polar bear expedition, excellent ! This trip has been on my bucket list for some time, I'm now motivated to make it happen !

Thanks again Lovin for providing the tip !!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
After a 'Covid Hiatus' CP's Holiday Train is back !

CP's Holiday train will be traversing the 'Moosehead Sub' this week with a stop @ Jackman, Maine I believe on Wed. I'm not sure what time it will go through Greenville Jct but here's the link to the VRF cam.......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Further info on CP's Holiday train ........

The train is scheduled to stop and perform in Jackman from 1030-1100, running time from there to Greenville is approx one hour so my guess is Greenville Jct noon -1300 hrs

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
For those interested here's a look at the Holiday train returning West through Maine last nite ..........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Enjoyed Downie Mike's trip across Canada, he starts out in Newfoundland. While there he visits the town of Dildo ! I wonder what he bought in the gift shop ?? :eek:

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Canadians refer to Newfoundland folks as 'Newfies'.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice Eppie, snow flakes in the air to boot ! Hats off to the CP, they do it right !!!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice Eppie, snow flakes in the air to boot ! Hats off to the CP, they do it right !!!
They had originally called for rain so the drop in temperature was actually welcome. This crossing is through a major north/south road that leads to the downtown. It's notorious for snarling up traffic because the closest underpasses or bridges are far away. The next major road east is getting a long awaited underpass but this section has the wrong soil conditions and a century's worth of underground infrastructure. They cordoned off the area for pedestrians which left lots of room for spectators. The old train station east of the crossing is quite nice but currently privately owned and not used. I hope they find a use soon so that it doesn't go into disrepair. It's the only old rail station left in the city and only a few blocks from the downtown.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
A little more Holiday Train action from Bensenville, Il. Love the community spirit !!

and this one form Woodstock, Ontario, SNOW in the air !!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Check out this dumb bimbo, probably drunk, in Ashland, Va........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
When running is easier than shifting & driving away......

Car seems pretty durable, though.
what's sad in all of this is MSM always seems to forget the poor engineer of the train in these types of situations. Even my own brother(a retired locomotive engineer) has had people commit suicide by jumping in front of his train, it haunts him to this day.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
what's sad in all of this is MSM always seems to forget the poor engineer of the train in these types of situations. Even my own brother(a retired locomotive engineer) has had people commit suicide by jumping in front of his train, it haunts him to this day.
Agree. What's interesting, in the Orlando Metro area they opened the Sunrail May 2014. The system currently operates over 49 miles with 16 stations through Volusia, Seminole, Orange and Osceola counties. Amazing how many car and man vs train events have happened since it opened. . 27

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's similar to someone jumping from a freeway overpass- they didn't ask for it, but they have to find ways to deal with it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Agree. What's interesting, in the Orlando Metro area they opened the Sunrail May 2014. The system currently operates over 49 miles with 16 stations through Volusia, Seminole, Orange and Osceola counties. Amazing how many car and man vs train events have happened since it opened. . 27

Wow !! but then I shouldn't be surprised......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis