SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
who knew ? Old 'Blues Eyes' was a railfan !

That's an awesome setup. I have been collecting Lionel trains for 50 years. Most of my livery is NY Central, Penn Central, and of course New Haven line. As a kid in the 60s, the NH line used to run orange and black F3s through my hometown.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My bloodline is NYC, although when I hired out it was Penn Central.

In so far as famous cilib's being rail fans, supposedly Rod Stewart is a serious modeler (HO scale)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
My bloodline is NYC, although when I hired out it was Penn Central.

In so far as famous cilib's being rail fans, supposedly Rod Stewart is a serious modeler (HO scale)
I remember when they folded the NH line into Penn Central in 69-70. Those must have been interesting times for you..
I didn't know Rod Stewart but am not surprised. Over in the UK, they love their railroads! The only other celeb I remember is ironically Neil Young. He ended up owning a piece of Lionel Trains at one point. He was a big fan of the hobby because he had two sons with cerebral palsy and he thought it would be good therapy for them.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I remember when they folded the NH line into Penn Central in 69-70. Those must have been interesting times for you..
I didn't know Rod Stewart but am not surprised. Over in the UK, they love their railroads! The only other celeb I remember is ironically Neil Young. He ended up owning a piece of Lionel Trains at one point. He was a big fan of the hobby because he had two sons with cerebral palsy and he thought it would be good therapy for them.
yep, my grandfather was Pittsburgh Shawmut & Northern, Dad was NYC, my brother The Reading Co. The irony is I have two sons, both engineers, but neither can 'blow the horn'..........one's civil the other mechanical !

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
yep, my grandfather was Pittsburgh Shawmut & Northern, Dad was NYC, my brother The Reading Co. The irony is I have two sons, both engineers, but neither can 'blow the horn'..........one's civil the other mechanical !
They can get some Lionel trains then!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Looks like a fun little town. Maybe I'll visit there some day.
here's the info on the B&B, trackside right behind the station..........

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
my understand is the grade crossing incident happened just south of Milwaukee, anything on your local news ?
Was it Pleasant Prairie, where a silver car was rear-ended? That car had been stolen and was involved in a chase with Police.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
A fun video from our friends up North on some railroading action on the CP, there is a fair amount of 'embellishment' as to actual railroad operations though ........

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Started a little "spring cleaning" of the closet and found this from my early 1980's trip with Dad on the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge.

Book was first published in 1965, this one is the 14th printing, 1981.

IMG_4106.JPG

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Started a little "spring cleaning" of the closet and found this from my early 1980's trip with Dad on the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge.

Book was first published in 1965, this one is the 14th printing, 1981.

View attachment 53999
nice keepsake, I've ridden that route numerous times myself, never grow tired of it !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
As a follow up to Mr Magoo's D&RGW narrow gauge find here's a cool vid on the now Cumbres & Toltec operation out of Chama, NM with rotary snow plow action. For the steam lovers out there the 14 mile trek to Cumbres pass with a ruling grade of 4% is one of the most challenging examples for steam power(save Cass, West Virginia) left in this country.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well, this should be interesting .......

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I swear some of the longest trains I have ever seen come from here:

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Thank you all for the videos. Back in the 90's 3 friends of mine would place ourselves at numerous locations in WI and IL. plus have access to some yards. In some cases, a tour. I have those experiences, now on DVD from Beta tape. I guess it is time to get them out, again. Some photos too.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I swear some of the longest trains I have ever seen come from here:

Interesting that you should mention that. Was visiting friends recently at the VRF platform, Fairport, NY and the very discussion of monster long trains (12,000' plus) came up and how they create blocking problems for Main St grade crossing in Fairport. Senator Chuck Schummer is now involved with all the local residents complaints to CSX. I suspect new RR operating guidance will be forthcoming.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis