Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This is getting interesting, one to watch .............

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Good follow up on the East Palestine NS wreck from last year ........

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Trains

Going back to my childhood, I have always loved trains. I love passenger trains, freight trains, antique trains and model trains (mostly HO scale). Right now, one of my favorite ‘train’ places to visit in the Internet is ‘Virtual Railfan’ in YouTube. These are ‘Live’ webcams of train stations all over the US.

When I was a kid, I loved the TV show ‘The Wild Wild West’ with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin. One of the reasons I loved that show was because of the train that was used in various scenes. That train is now in storage in the Nevada State Railroad Museum. On the show, the exterior shots of the train moving were filmed in Menifee, California back in the 60s.

Anybody else like trains? Tell your stories. Any good train websites that you visit?
AARP Train recommendations and discounts if you are a member. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Does look interesting as long as AMTRAK does their part.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Speaking of Amtrak, we just returned from Florida on the Auto Train, this is the 7th time we have come home from Florida on it. This was one of lesser enjoyable trips. The onboard service crew got at best a grade 'C'. Our sleeping car attendant did nothing but the bare minimum and the dinning car crew were just slightly better. Dinner itself was decent except for the veggies, soggy nursing home variety. Inconsistency in the dinning car experience has plagued Amtrak since its inception.

Our vehicle got off the train in the usual one hour time frame and the drive home was pretty slow, Easter weekend through DC / Balt to be expected.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking of Amtrak, we just returned from Florida on the Auto Train, this is the 7th time we have come home from Florida on it. This was one of lesser enjoyable trips. The onboard service crew got at best a grade 'C'. Our sleeping car attendant did nothing but the bare minimum and the dinning car crew were just slightly better. Dinner itself was decent except for the veggies, soggy nursing home variety. Inconsistency in the dinning car experience has plagued Amtrak since its inception.

Our vehicle got off the train in the usual one hour time frame and the drive home was pretty slow, Easter weekend through DC / Balt to be expected.
Thanks for the update. As much as I love trains I just may have to drive back to Pittsburgh. Way cheaper and much more versatile. Thanks again.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
A great travelog done by 'DownieLive' (I think someone mention him earlier in this thread), his name is Mike and he does an excellent job in his narration of what I consider to be 'the' best long distance passenger train in North America, I've ridden 3 times over the years.

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I wonder what caused that. If you look closely, you'll see the center white car start to drift.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder what caused that. If you look closely, you'll see the center white car start to drift.
If I still had my contacts in place @ NS I could have told you, but 4 years into retirement, most, like me, are out to pasture, LOL !

if were to guess, running gear, wheel/truck failure on that car since the trailing cars stayed on the track

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
One has to wonder with regards to E Palestine wether 10-20 years down the road what else might turn up ?

NS has just recently tendered a management buy-out package. When offered they were hoping to get 300 to take it, 700 jumped at it, only turn out to be offered to 300. A friend of mine who just turned 60 was one of the lucky ones.

With the proxy fight going on at NS I'm sure this was a reaction to it as well as cost cutting to help pay for e Palestine. Given the fiasco of furloughing Train & Engine crews during covid it was better thought to trim back on management.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ouch ! I suspect the engineer on the crude oil train needed to change his shorts ! He dumps the air at 43 mph but it's too late ......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Big wreck Monday on CSX, location Folkston, Ga. An area know as the 'funnel'. Busy piece of railroad where the main splits for traffic due North along the coast and westward towards Waycross.

i went through there a little over two weeks ago on the AutoTrain coming home from Florida

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis