mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
does the mcintosh thing power on via 12v trigger? (from pre-amps of other brands)

how much does something like that cost?

I wonder if there's a 220v version of this one

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

highfihoney said:
yup no remote trigger sucks,adcom has several products that can fix that problem & i think parasound also offers a solution.
It's not a real problem in my case. I only turn on the amps I need. If I'm just watching regular TV just turn on the front three amps. If it's 5.1/7.1 programming I turn them all on. Not a big problem. (I'd rather have a remote control bartender)

They also make a power strip just like that for power tools. Used for table saws and bench tools. Power up the saw and the lighting & dust vac turn on.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:
It's not a real problem in my case. I only turn on the amps I need. If I'm just watching regular TV just turn on the front three amps. If it's 5.1/7.1 programming I turn them all on. Not a big problem. (I'd rather have a remote control bartender)
You don't need a remote control for the bartender just nudge the wife. Oh damn:eek:, I hope she dosen't read this.
PS: My wife always gets my beer because she drinking faster then me.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:

You don't need a remote control for the bartender just nudge the wife. Oh damn:eek:, I hope she dosen't read this.
PS: My wife always gets my beer because she drinking faster then me.:p
Ahahahaaaaaa. Go ahead and try it, ML. I can't wait to hear Loser Wife's reaction to THIS! :eek: THE LOOK can turn ordinary men to a pile of dust bunnies. Can she give THE LOOK, ML? Hmmm?

majorloser

majorloser

billy p said:
Ahahahaaaaaa. Go ahead and try it, ML. I can't wait to hear Loser Wife's reaction to THIS! :eek: THE LOOK can turn ordinary men to a pile of dust bunnies. Can she give THE LOOK, ML? Hmmm?
This is why I need a machine to do my bidding.
Been married too long to attempt something that stupid.

Besides, I want a PERFECT martini.....................:p

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:

:eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
rjbudz said:

Well of course a Martini must be shaken or stirred and not thrown;) So if you ask nicely it may arrive as ordered, then again maybe not:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You guys really need to learn how to use the quote feature :p

SheepStar

rmongiovi

Junior Audioholic
highfihoney said:
The only power controler im sure that is still made & can be bought new is the mcintosh pc4,these must be bought from a mcintosh dealer & cant be bought online.
I just tried to get one of these through my dealer, and McIntosh told him they no longer have them and don't plan on making more.

Have you considered the Xantech AC1?
Roy

majorloser

majorloser

Houston We Have Liftoff!!!!

My two HSU VTF-3HO subwoofers with turbos are on the truck headed here from California. Stay tuned for the updated pics and reviews.

Also got contacted today that a wait list item I've had with Sideshow Collectibles since early 2005 is also shipping out this week. http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=props&item=8911

Next week should be a good week for the Loser Cinema :cool:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet. Keep us posted.

How much grand total?

SheepStar

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Matt34 said:
Now that's a gun!:D
Looks like a ripoff of the Trigun revolver...and man would I want one of those. Especially if it came with the 'secondary' function (those of you who are familiar with Trigun will know what I'm talking about).

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I know you can find film cans on Ebay and such. I've seen them there every now and then.

I have a question about the 3 subs across the front.

How do you run them? Line levels to the subs, then the front? Are the all in phase with each other? Did you have any issues with them being so close together? Do they over power the room?

majorloser

majorloser

mpompey said:
I know you can find film cans on Ebay and such. I've seen them there every now and then.

I have a question about the 3 subs across the front.

How do you run them? Line levels to the subs, then the front? Are the all in phase with each other? Did you have any issues with them being so close together? Do they over power the room?
All subs are hooked up to the pre/pro's LFE. All in-phase.

At this point, how the three sound or work doesn't matter anymore. The HSU VTF-3HO's will be here Tuesday. They go away and the HO's take over.
I'm sure then I'll be able to tell you how the HO's overpower the room (and break windows :eek: )

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
All subs are hooked up to the pre/pro's LFE. All in-phase.

At this point, how the three sound or work doesn't matter anymore. The HSU VTF-3HO's will be here Tuesday. They go away and the HO's take over.
I'm sure then I'll be able to tell you how the HO's overpower the room (and break windows :eek: )
Major,

I think you're going to have a hard time keeping your HO's in check.

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

Matt34 said:
Now that's a gun!:D
Just goes to show you that Sideshow's waiting list is worth getting on. This item sold out in early 2005 (very limited production). I went on the waiting list around May '05. It's now November '06 and they are fullfilling my wait list order due to a lack of payment on somebody else's part.

So if there's anything they made you want that is sold out, give it a shot. Put your name on the wait list.

majorloser

majorloser

We Got a Couple Ho's in the House

Tonight is installation and room remodeling. All I can say is from the early "test run"............................OMG :eek:
Final pictures to follow later. Here's a few to hold you guys over for now.

Boxes when they arrived.

With bike for scale (these puppies are BIG)

Inner HO box with turbo on top.

Packing material inside of inner HO box (these guys know how to pack things)

Packing material inside turbo box.

More pics and maybe even a review to follow ;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ultra-cool! do you measure your room freq. response?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis