The KING of ALL Snake Oil

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
(Sorry, John...I hit "edit" instead of "quote" to reply. Mods can edit other posts. We only use our powers for good. Hope I restored your post to its original state!)

Anyway, if you read the full description you'll see that the seller's tongue is firmly in cheek (but you knew that, right?). And he's satirizing this actual snake oil product, which is already pretty outrageous. Yes, people actually buy them.

Pretty dang funny!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Oh my, that was some funny stuff! I have not laughed that hard in a long, long time. Did you guys read the Q&A section? Thanks for the link!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Mpingo Tree Lit said:
Mpingo trees grow best when fertilized with human blood, and because the Mpingo tree produces audiophile wood, it really prefers to be fertilized with the blood from an audiophile. We have learned from long experience Mpingo trees really thrive when fed the blood from a fat white male audiophile who prefers SET’s and horns. The witchdoctor tells us that sacrifices from lovers of SET’s and horns results in Mpingo trees with smoother, less harsh and less angular foliage.
My...how very awesome.

I agree :eek:

Q: I love your new product! I was wondering if you have considered advertising it on Sterophile? I'm sure that way it will get reviewed!

A: I don't meet John Atkinson's criteria for review because I don't have at least 5 dealers nor do I have an on-going e-business with a permanent website, and I don't publish a paper catalog. But I also suspect if I bought at least 6 sequential back covers John would agree to review my shorts if I asked!
Has to be one of our readers... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
[Quote:
Q: I love your new product! I was wondering if you have considered advertising it on Sterophile? I'm sure that way it will get reviewed!

A: I don't meet John Atkinson's criteria for review because I don't have at least 5 dealers nor do I have an on-going e-business with a permanent website, and I don't publish a paper catalog. But I also suspect if I bought at least 6 sequential back covers John would agree to review my shorts if I asked!

[/QUOTE]

What, he actually thinks it would take 6 covers? I bet with one cover and a good looking wife replacement his equipment would be prima reviewa.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
following the rants at AA about the Quantum Dot chip that someone is marketing and people are falling all over themselves for it???
I'm under the impression that most people at AA are laughing their asses of over the quantum dot BS. The guy geoffkit who is shilling them actually lives and works near my home, maybe I'll pay him a visit.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Mudcat said:
The guy geoffkit who is shilling them actually lives and works near my home, maybe I'll pay him a visit.
Make a video and post it. Already ROTFLMAO :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis