The Jan 6 Commission hearings

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I wasn't aware of the Roger Ailes/Nixon connection. Thanks for that info.
In 1967, Ailes had a spirited discussion about television in politics with one of the show's guests, Richard Nixon, who took the view that television was a gimmick. Later, Nixon called on Ailes to serve as his Executive Producer for television. Nixon's successful presidential campaign was Ailes's first venture into the political spotlight. His pioneering work in framing national campaign issues, capitalizing on the race-based Southern strategy and making the stiff Nixon more likable and accessible to voters was later chronicled in The Selling of the President 1968 by Joe McGinniss.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
How did the drumph supporters get so stupid?
Calling them stupid is no longer considered correct language … they're Un-medicated QAnon followers.

They have a long history that pre-dates QAnon. In previous decades they eked out a living reporting Elvis and UFO sightings.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Calling them stupid is no longer considered correct language … they're Un-medicated QAnon followers.

They have a long history that pre-dates QAnon. In previous decades they eked out a living reporting Elvis and UFO sightings.
Seems not fair just limiting them to the qanons, there are many other nutty factions....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No one knows. How many QAnon'ers have you known who weren't off their meds?
Then who knows when they are or aren't? They could be into all kinds of strange things in combo at least as well....when you get that deep in the sh*t it just stinks.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
LC has been a total POS for a long while.
That she suddenly, somehow, magically found her conscience is borderline remarkable, especially considering her lineage as the daughter of the Dark Lord of CØCKs everywhere. :rolleyes:

Can't help but wonder if she asked the lord of the magic 8-Ball...
View attachment 56601
_or-
View attachment 56602
...for guidance.

o_O

Technically, she has to learn the lesson of D!ck's sins to not be held accountable...

Maybe there is hope, still. :oops:
Na, she and Kinzinger did good.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've often felt the best partisans are the ones that will criticize their own party.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If those votes were to overspend or start and/or prolong an unnecessary war they were bad votes.
Why are you having this conversation??? She agreed with Trump 93% of the time. If they were big spending and military incursions, well you'd have to vote against Trump too. Nobody, you or WY Republicans, reacts to Cheney with cause she's a warhawk. It's beause she spoke out against Trump.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why are you having this conversation??? She agreed with Trump 93% of the time. If they were big spending and military incursions, well you'd have to vote against Trump too. Nobody, you or WY Republicans, reacts to Cheney with cause she's a warhawk. It's beause she spoke out against Trump.
My bad. It doesn't really matter if she's a hawk or not. That's not the primary motivation. It's something you throw in their as an afterthought to make it sound like that's what it's about.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
My bad. It doesn't really matter if she's a hawk or not. That's not the primary motivation. It's something you throw in their as an afterthought to make it sound like that's what it's about.
No worries. I have always had it in for her. if I were sitting in Congress, as a matter of policy, I would have voted against both spending and unnecessary war. Doesn't matter who the President. I can't speak of what is the primary motivation of the WY Republicans is but suspect you are right.

Cheney's mistake is of hubris which is typical. Her sincerity was always in doubt, even before Jan 6. As early as 2019, she thought she could set herself up to run as an Anti-Trump presidential candidate which would have been a good strategy but she misread the battlefield and her own party. She voted against Trump's proposal to withdraw troops from Syria in 2019. She's just like her father.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
No worries. I have always had it in for her. if I were sitting in Congress, as a matter of policy, I would have voted against both spending and unnecessary war. Doesn't matter who the President. I can't speak of what is the primary motivation of the WY Republicans is but suspect you are right.

Cheney's mistake is of hubris which is typical. Her sincerity was always in doubt, even before Jan 6. As early as 2019, she thought she could set herself up to run as an Anti-Trump presidential candidate which would have been a good strategy but she misread the battlefield and her own party. She voted against Trump's proposal to withdraw troops from Syria in 2019. She's just like her father.
Doesn't much matter. It has all crap to do with anything but the leverage Trump has over his constituents.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Liz has woken up and doing the right thing. I don't think she is worried about her future. It's the rest of the Republicans in our country that believe in LIES, dictatorship, and White Supremist type groups. Self-righteous people......I call them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis