The Incredibles DVD

M

Matthew Cunha

Audiophyte
I just read a great DVD review of The Incredibles and Troy DVD on a web site called, ***. I really like the way *** of the *** writes reviews.

http://www.urlremoved.com

[Edit: Four posts, each linked to your web page is rather lame. Please do not use other people's forums to try to self-promote your website. - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Matthew Cunha said:
I just read a great DVD review of The Incredibles and Troy DVD on a web site called, ***. I really like the way *** of the *** writes reviews.

www.urlremoved.com
I thought this was a really good movie. I liked how it had semi-realistic scenarios mixed in with the cartoon cliche that one might not expect: sued superheros, dead body remains, character deaths(though minor ones)and the main character/hero beating his boss to the point of critical injury! Very unique and entertaining. I never expected an animated film like this from Disney. Two thumbs up! :)

-Chris

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Matthew Cunha said:
I just read a great DVD review of The Incredibles and Troy DVD on a web site called, ***. I really like the way ** of the *** writes reviews.

www.urlremoved.com
And you have no tie to the above mentioned site do you? Mr. Lee seems so familiar for some reason. Reminds me a guy on another site that was trying to become a DVD critic. TLADINY? LEX? Something like that. Hmmmmm?

Shinerman

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
WmAx said:
I never expected an animated film like this from Disney.
This is one of my all-time favorite movies! But Disney only distributed it and took 1/2 the profits. Pixar kicks butt.

BTW: For you videophiles (not phools) out there, to make the DVD, this flick was rendered to MPEG-2 directly from the source file. And Pixar is (heh, heh...) incredibly meticulous about their digital rendering and compositing. This one should be about as good as the quality can get for DVDs. (And it does look incredible (someone stop me) on my set.)

For comparison, I saw Robots at the local Imax theater. There were rendering and compositing artifcacts all over the place. Jaggy edges, the eyeballs sometime looked disconnected from the faces, just damn sloppy work (and a pretty average movie to begin with).

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
I bought the movie even without seeing it just because I knew it was from Disney/Pixar.

I'm a real anime buff and I have yet to be disappointed by the quality products produced by Pixar.

First of all, this is not a kids movie, call me old school but I don't think I'll let my kids watch it till they're 12, seriously.

The story is very different than your typical Disney cutsie stuff but on a technical level, all I can is WOW!

I don't have the best system in place to take advantage of this movie, but I must say that any new system upgrade in my HT setup will not go unchecked without this DVD put it through it paces!

Too many good scenes to mention but my favorites are the jungle scenes!

Do yourself a favor, even if you don't think you'll like this movie, go rent it.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Well, we got the kids the Incredibles for easter but I haven't watched it yet.

As far as Robots, I saw that in a standard theater and the realism blew me away. The robots looked like real metal. To me that is by far the best animation I've ever seen.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis