The Hegel soundengine explained

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still learning. I want to visit Norway someday.
Very many nice places to go and visit.....
Just a word of warning, it’s expensive over here

You will love it here though, guaranteed

I read a story on quora.com on a girl from L.A going for holidays and liked it so much she had to move, LOL

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Yes, I am looking forward to seeing the Fjords.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, I am looking forward to seeing the Fjords.
Sorry for completely totally derailing the thread

Fjords... That's only one small thing out of many.... there are some pretty darn crazy nice places.... give me some days and I will make a thread and point you to this ..... Did you know that in North of Norway there is a beach with surfing conditions considered better than Hawaii?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Yes. Isn't that the Lofoten Islands?

In the summer, the sun never sets just like Alaska.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry for completely totally derailing the thread

Fjords... That's only one small thing out of many.... there are some pretty darn crazy nice places.... give me some days and I will make a thread and point you to this ..... Did you know that in North of Norway there is a beach with surfing conditions considered better than Hawaii?
It's your thread to derail :) Still about Norway so not too far off track.

FWIW earlier when I mentioned it isn't my experience to reject 97% of gear as not being good enough for "music", it was in general. I reread your post and you are indicating only for making changes in current setup, which would be different. Although I still wouldn't reject that much, there's lots of good sounding gear out there....

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes. Isn't that the Lofoten Islands?

In the summer, the sun never sets just like Alaska.
Even in Bergen, where I live, the sun sets around 11:00 pm at summer ... we have incredible white nights.... I love it to the end of the world... there is nothing like dark at night in summer, it’s amazing... couldn’t live without it

Going further north the sun is up 24/7.... city of Tromsø in North is called the Paris of the North as the city comes incredibly vibrant during summer

The beaches are in Vesterålen, a bit north of Lofoten, an incredible set of amazing islands with scenery to die for...

If you go to the southeast, there are snall cities set with white nice houses so cozy you have to pinch yourself .... and they all have these amazing harbor settings, nice places by the sea ...

The harbor of Bergen is voted the third nicest harbor setting in the world, only beaten by Sydney and Rio de Janeiro....

Furher north there is a road called the atlantic road going with bridges out into the face of the ocean, voted the most scenic drive in Europe...

I could go on and on ....

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Even in Bergen, where I live, the sun sets around 11:00 pm at summer ... we have incredible white nights.... I love it to the end of the world... there is nothing like dark at night in summer, it’s amazing... couldn’t live without it

Going further north the sun is up 24/7.... city of Tromsø in North is called the Paris of the North as the city comes incredibly vibrant during summer

The beaches are in Vesterålen, a bit north of Lofoten, an incredible set of amazing islands with scenery to die for...

If you go to the southeast, there are snall cities set with white nice houses so cozy you have to pinch yourself .... and they all have these amazing harbor settings, nice places by the sea ...

The harbor of Bergen is voted the third nicest harbor setting in the world, only beaten by Sydney and Rio de Janeiro....

Furher north there is a road called the atlantic road going with bridges out into the face of the ocean, voted the most scenic drive in Europe...

I could go on and on ....
Yeah, really. I can't help but wonder how my family could leave that beautiful place and move to the flat prairies of North Dakota and Minnesota.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah, really. I can't help but wonder how my family could leave that beautiful place and move to the flat prairies of North Dakota and Minnesota.
It was the lure of the Black Gold of the Red River Valley.

There is lots of money, yes lots of it, to be made from that productive black loam soil of the Red River of the North between Minnesota and North Dakota.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I remember, I've been there. This was back in the early 1900's.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Lots of Norwegians emigrated in the early 1900’s ... life here was not as good then as it is now. Today it’s a totally different story.

I remember, I've been there. This was back in the early 1900's.
Wow, you were there in the early 1900’s :eek:

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Lots of Norwegians emigrated in the early 1900’s ... life here was not as good then as it is now. Today it’s a totally different story.

Wow, you were there in the early 1900’s :eek:
Yes, my Grandparents wouldn't recognize it. My Grandparents left around 1900 or so. Most of my Norwegian family were farmers.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, my Grandparents wouldn't recognize it. My Grandparents left around 1900 or so. Most of my Norwegian family were farmers.
Maybe I was unclear or maybe Norwegan humor is unclear..... it seems like in previous post it stated you were there personally in the early 1900’s ... LOL

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Maybe I was unclear or maybe Norwegan humor is unclear..... it seems like in previous post it stated you were there personally in the early 1900’s ... LOL
I probably wrote the post to seem like I time-traveled to 1900. Bergen looks like such a very beautiful city. And it has a tunnel through a mountain.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I probably wrote the post to seem like I time-traveled to 1900. Bergen looks like such a very beautiful city. And it has a tunnel through a mountain.
There are probably more tunnels in Bergen than in all of UK, some extreme engineering efforts here....

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Anyway, getting back to the thread topic, the Norwegian Hegel company and their products, if you like their amps, just go for it. Made in Norway.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The greatest of them all, Magnus Carlsen

As a 12 year old he played remis against Garry Kasparov, then the world’s best. Chess player.

He played blindfolded in USA against some of the best grand masters, and won all parties, there are no words to describe this .... some peope describe it as the most crazy thing they ever seen ....

And now today this afternoon, Magnus beat the #2 player in the world 3 - 0 in the world championship playoffs..... all of Norway stopped today watching the decisive games in the chess world championships .... I am stunned

I was having a coffee at Starbucks but could not leave as the games went on, watching the chess games on my mobile .... spent a few hours there ....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis