The Guy Behind the Bose Wave Radio Speaks

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The industry of audio electronics and speakers is a great industry. I was fortunate enough to spend virtually my entire working career in consumer electronics but how did I get here and what did I learn along the way? In this article Steve Feinstein talks about his experiences, including developing some of the most notable audio products (ie. Bose Wave Radio) over the years. Read on to find out.

bose.jpg

Read : The Guy Behind the Bose Wave Radio

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
That was an awesome read!

It was a long road from a 17 year old's dream to actually landing that job. Most people change their minds or get discouraged in that amount of time. Kudos for sticking with it.

Big-Q

Big-Q

Junior Audioholic
A fascinating read. Not many of us are able to combine our hobby with our living. Well done!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is a fun read. Makes me wish I was 17 again... sigh

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, fun article. We should all be so lucky. Haven't looked at Atlantic Technology in a long time but their 8600LR looks pretty impressive, as well as their centre.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Another great article Steve! The days of stereo shops are pretty much past, but it sounds like a blast to have worked in that era. It's cool to see you were involved in so many killer projects - and also the Bose clock radio!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The industry of audio electronics and speakers is a great industry. I was fortunate enough to spend virtually my entire working career in consumer electronics but how did I get here and what did I learn along the way? In this article Steve Feinstein talks about his experiences, including developing some of the most notable audio products (ie. Bose Wave Radio) over the years. Read on to find out.

View attachment 48551

Read : The Guy Behind the Bose Wave Radio
Thanks for a great article Steve, I actually own one and it is a great alarm clock and a decent small patio sound system. Nice to meet the guy behind the product. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for an amazing article. It was really cool to hear an actual insiders proffesional perspective and experience 9f a hobby I love so much. Really fun read

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
All that other cool stuff is almost enough to forgive him for the Bose Wave Radio. :D

KIDDING, KIDDING! Great article, fascinating read.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
All that other cool stuff is almost enough to forgive him for the Bose Wave Radio. :D

KIDDING, KIDDING! Great article, fascinating read.
Hey, my mother has a Bose Wave Radio! :p
All kidding aside, the idea of putting a wave guide inside a radio to improve bass was genius. When they were released there was nothing else out there that could match the sound in that form factor. There were even people that used the auxiliary input and ran them as TV speakers. Great product.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis