The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

A

allengarman

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>The audio quality on this CD exceeded my expectations. &nbsp;It is essentially a collection of theme songs from Clint Eastwood westerns performed by the famous Hugo Montenegro Orchestra.

Listening to this disc through my full range Sapphire Audio ST2s (www.sapphireaudio.com) and Infinity subwoffer was an amazing experience. &nbsp;Imagine the huge grin on my face as I first experienced the thrill of hearing the &quot;Good Bad &amp; Ugly&quot; theme and my personal favorite &quot;For a Few Dollars More&quot;. &nbsp;

The the power of these songs is derived from both the memory of the films, and the tremendous performance of the Hugo Montenegro orchestra. &nbsp;

Very little music in this world, other than classical orchestral performances, contains such a wide variety of powerful intruments that include church bells, organ, trumpets, and snare drums. &nbsp;The additional whistles and chants seem very close to the original soundtrack. &nbsp;Following a listen to the CD, you will have an uncontrollable urge to whistle the theme to &quot;For a Few Dollars More&quot;. &nbsp;

I would recommend this CD as a way to show off your audio system.</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>But...do you find yourself squinting and speaking in a hoarse whisper afterwards?

I'll have to look that up. Who doesn't love those flicks and that music?

Another good system demo is a CD by Andreas Wollenweider called &quot;Book of Roses&quot;. I'm not into New Age-ey stuff like that normally, but this one is amazing. Levels upon levels of sound, superbly recorded and mixed. If it was around in the '60's it would have been the ultimate tripping music!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis