The future of Loudspeakers

H

hayanajen

Audiophyte
How do you think Loudspeakers will evolve in the next decades?
What's the new generation of Loudspeakers?
Can we replace Loudspeakers with any alternatives?
What do current Loudspeakers lack and what features you would like to have in your product?

N

noway

Enthusiast
I think active speakers will eventually become more popular than passive, especially for stand-mount speakers.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I disagree. Active loudspeakers cost a lot more than passive ones. It costs less to get a passive speaker and a good separate amplifier. There are good active speakers on the market, but you have a lot more options with passive speakers. Also, active speakers require AC power which necessitates outlets close to each one. I doubt that the situation is going to change soon because of the popularity of decent AVRs.

Until pre-pros become cheaper, a receiver with pre-outs is at present the way to go if you need or want more powerful amplification. It is cheaper to get an external amp repaired than the inboard active speaker amp should you have to ship for service.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I disagree. Active loudspeakers cost a lot more than passive ones. It costs less to get a passive speaker and a good separate amplifier. There are good active speakers on the market, but you have a lot more options with passive speakers. Also, active speakers require AC power which necessitates outlets close to each one. I doubt that the situation is going to change soon because of the popularity of decent AVRs.

Until pre-pros become cheaper, a receiver with pre-outs is at present the way to go if you if you need or want more powerful amplification. It is cheaper to get an external amp repaired than the inboard active speaker amp should you have to ship for service.
Another same-old question of the week.

Actually the future of speakers is ”no speakers at all”. :D

The processor will project the sound waves directly into our brains. :D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

And it will have some kind of 'sound spigot'.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Can we replace Loudspeakers with any alternatives?
What do current Loudspeakers lack and what features you would like to have in your product?
If our ears will be involved, we'll need some way to convert the electrical signals to sound and that's exactly what a transducer does- convert one form of energy to another form. It could be converted to light or heat, but our ears don't work with those.

H

hayanajen

Audiophyte
Can we replace Loudspeakers with any alternatives https://nox.tips/?
I got this,..

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall

The one true solution to standing waves. I welcome it. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis