The fun in installing PC games....

Matt34

Matt34

Don't you just love it when your installing and you get that error window? I hope Vista takes care of this with the drag and drop installation it's said to have.

I just got LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth II (I love RTS games) and I get about 9% installed and it comes up with "A problem occured with the W3d.big file blah blah blah." So I google the W3D.big and LOTR: BFME II and what you know, someone else had the same problem on IGN.com. So I go to the link and it's only two post both by the same person. The first one says he's having the same problem I'm having, the second one states, "Oh, nevermind, I fixed it myself.":mad:

Thanks man, gald you solved the problem but how about next time TELLING US HOW YOU DID IT!!! Heaven forbid you share that kind of information. :mad: :mad:

...So now I'm joining IGN's forums so I can PM the guy.:rolleyes:

Ok, I'm done.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Not to make light of your particular problem. But I just wish I had the time to play computer games.

majorloser

majorloser

Matt,

I thought you were playing real FPS's everyday? ;)

You actually have hard drive space left on that poor little laptop?

Dave

P.S.- Give Beast a scratch behind the ears for me. (and stay safe)

Matt34

Matt34

Mudcat said:
Not to make light of your particular problem. But I just wish I had the time to play computer games.
Yeah, I usually don't have much time back home either but here it's either mission or sitting on your butt waiting for the next. Not much else to do besides go to the gym which only takes up a very small portion of the day.:D

Matt34

Matt34

majorloser said:
Matt,

I thought you were playing real FPS's everyday? ;)

You actually have hard drive space left on that poor little laptop?

Dave

P.S.- Give Beast a scratch behind the ears for me. (and stay safe)
External hard drive;)

Beast is in doggy timeout right now. She thought she would crawl under the break area fence and go exploring the camp on her own, then not listen to me when I told her to come back.:mad:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Matt34 said:
External hard drive;)

Beast is in doggy timeout right now. She thought she would crawl under the break area fence and go exploring the camp on her own, then not listen to me when I told her to come back.:mad:

Beast went AWOL then disobayed a direct order...does she have a good lawyer?:rolleyes:

Give her a scratch anyway,
SBF1

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hey I only play RTS games too!
I have that game ... and the one before it ... and the war of the ring

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Matt34 said:
...So now I'm joining IGN's forums so I can PM the guy.:rolleyes:
Have you considered the possibility that by deliberately not revealing this piece of useful information, and by your having signed up for membership, you have just fallen victim to IGN forum's newest cutting edge recruiting strategy?

Matt34

Matt34

furrycute said:
Have you considered the possibility that by deliberately not revealing this piece of useful information, and by your having signed up for membership, you have just fallen victim to IGN forum's newest cutting edge recruiting strategy?

LOL, I just might have. It's free to sign up and post but if you want to PM you have to pay.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You bought the LOTR games?! EW! Those games stink.

Get NFS:MW. Excellent driving game. Obviously get HL2, Doom3(if you like terrible games that look amazing) and maybe pick up the new HL game episode one, or something. Don't have it yet, but I've heard its good.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis