the first to upgrade?

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>system:

Nak. DVD 10-s
H/K AVR500
Paradigm 11se mkII

would you guys add an amp, replace the speakers, purchase line conditioner or get a good standalone CD player as the next upgrade to my system. &nbsp;

The nakamichi when A/B with my H/Kardon older cd player is comparable.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Can you give us more info on you system and what you are
looking to do with your system in the future?
Are you planning to expand to 6.1 or 7.1
DVD-A or SACD? &nbsp;Do you have a HDTV or do you plan on
upgrading to one? what are your listening habbits?
50% music 50% dvd or ? &nbsp;what is you room like and
do you have spousal approval to do whatever you want
what is your current budget and how long will it take you to
aquire the next upgrade after this one? &nbsp;If you can give us a detailed report of your system and &quot;Audiophile Personality&quot;
we can help guide you in the process
Happy Listening
Ray</font>

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>-no 6.1. No plan. But HDTV might come around in 3 years. I understand that I would need a new DVD player for this. AND unless my brand new nak. does DVD-A, I wont be listening to this format.
-I am asking mostly for music...and I am so picky I wouldnt want a new CD player just to use a format that doesnt have any good artists. since I am using atoms as surrounds and cc-170 for center
&nbsp;this also means that multi-chanel formats are out
-no spouse but the next improvement has a cap of $2k.
Just out of the three parts of my system, which should I upgrade?</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Do you have a Subwoofer?</font>

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>oh yeah..oops...the crown jewel of my haggardly entry level system...

velodyne fsx-12 servo controlled baby...

oh yeah, and give GDS a heads up about my &quot;paradigm paradigm&quot; thread...he promised he would answer!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Ok if it were me or if I were advising a friend this is what I would do Your HK AVR 500 is a good to very good high current receiver it uses a Crystal 4926 chipset &nbsp;processor ( 24 bit 96kHz )It is very well matched for your front mains
Its a Keeper If you need more power later you can add a 2 channel amp to pre-out the fronts later
Your Paradigm 11 &nbsp;SE’s &nbsp;are also very capable speakers
as well as your subwoofer &nbsp; so they are keepers
Your center and rears are not up to the caliber of the rest of your system also why are you so quick to dismiss multi-channel music ? your receiver has direct inputs &nbsp;and there are now DVD-A players with bass management &nbsp;I am a hardcore tube head and I love my 2 channel rig but I find myself listening to allot more DVD-A these days the selection of music is growing and there are allot of good titles available
I am so found of Multi Channel &nbsp;DVD-A and DTS that I am considering dismantling my &nbsp;high end 2 channel system
for less than your $2000 budget you should be able to get
something like the &nbsp;CC-370 &nbsp; ADP 370 &nbsp;and a Denon 1600 or
other quality DVD player &nbsp; &nbsp;Your Nak &nbsp;DVD player is a fine DVD player however technology advances in just the last year have produced several players with awesome chipsets for allot less money .One need not look any further
for this proof by looking at the low end Panasonic RP-56 &nbsp;It sells for what $179 ?and utilizes a Sage Chipset &nbsp;I am not recommending this one as it doesn't have DVD-A
but to find that chip set in a $179 player is mind bending to say the least
Hope this helps
Ray</font>

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>OK!!! I guess Ill do the center channel...(studio cc just incase I ever get some references), adp's and &nbsp;DVD-A, even though I just bought my 10-s

anymore particular DVD playes? The denon 1600 looks good!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis