The Excellent Generations Musical Group

Brunerman

Brunerman

Audiophyte
Hi all...thank you for this site being available. I was wondering if someone knows of a site that will help me find sounds for the roland rd-88 keyboard of popular songs. For instance, Todd Rundgren's "Bang On The Drum All Day"...what organ or synth sound is he using? Please inform. Thank yoiu.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, that’s a tall order lol.
This site is more about sound “re”production, than actual studio production. I’m sure someone out there knows how to find what you’re looking for, but I’d be surprised if they were here. Lol.
Sorry to say it that way, but I hope you can find it.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
And there ya go…
I'm not a keyboard player but I've worked with some. ;) I would assume that the keyboard is midi capable, in which case one should be able to download midi files into memory. There are some free midi files available on the web but you'll need a laptop with a midi interface.

From the Roland web site: "Sometimes you need a very specific sound or the unique capabilities of a particular soft synth or sample library. The RD-88 has three zones that can be configured with internal sounds, or can integrate and control soft synths from Apple MainStage. This makes it simple to duplicate the sound of a track live or mix favorite soft synths with the RD-88's own palette of sounds." Sounds like the RD-88 is designed to work best with a Mac and the Apple MainStage software.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not a keyboard player but I've worked with some. ;) I would assume that the keyboard is midi capable, in which case one should be able to download midi files into memory. There are some free midi files available on the web but you'll need a laptop with a midi interface.

From the Roland web site: "Sometimes you need a very specific sound or the unique capabilities of a particular soft synth or sample library. The RD-88 has three zones that can be configured with internal sounds, or can integrate and control soft synths from Apple MainStage. This makes it simple to duplicate the sound of a track live or mix favorite soft synths with the RD-88's own palette of sounds." Sounds like the RD-88 is designed to work best with a Mac and the Apple MainStage software.
Thanks eppie, good points. I might have thought of this as my son uses Logic Pro and othe daw’s with a midi system. There seemingly countless samples and plug ins for these. I think the suggestion from Roland was perfect.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis