The everything Beer thread

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't want to derail the best loudspeaker thread any further so I here creating this thread. Please visit and share with the all of us, your favourite beers from mass market to micro brewaries to home brew.

My favourite mass market Canadian beers are these;

Wheat beer.. looks like moose p?ss but it sure is nice on a hot day. My favourite Rickard beer

Nice all year around

This one is good all year around as well and little heavier than the blonde

I like this in the winter time. A little heavy but full of flavour

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Another heavy beer I like with or without a meal is this German smoked beer. I can only drink one as its sooo strong but I still love the taste..

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the good news is that I found that I really liked Shiner Octoberfest even better than Sam Adams Octoberfest.

The bad news is that when I went back to buy more, there wasn't any more. I gotta get my a$$ to Texas ASAP!

FWIW, I didn't like Yeungling's Octoberfest. Too dark and bitter for my taste. Naturally, there was as much as anyone could want still available.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I wish I liked beer. Sure is cheaper than mixed drinks but I just can't stand the taste. I've had a few that didn't make me gag but I can't say as I've ever really enjoyed a beer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We already have the What Are You Drinking Now thread.... but that one isn't necessarily beer-centric :)

Last night: Lagunitas A Little Sumpin Wild :) Since it is in season and it is a limited release.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
We already have the What Are You Drinking Now thread.... but that one isn't necessarily beer-centric :)

Last night: Lagunitas A Little Sumpin Wild :) Since it is in season and it is a limited release.
NO thread, if it goes on for any length of time, stays ANYTHING centric here. You haven't figures that out yet? ;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I wish I liked beer. Sure is cheaper than mixed drinks but I just can't stand the taste. I've had a few that didn't make me gag but I can't say as I've ever really enjoyed a beer.
Depends on the mixed drink. I can make a margarita for cheaper than a beer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
NO thread, if it goes on for any length of time, stays ANYTHING centric here. You haven't figures that out yet? ;)
That's a given :) The only thread that stays with its theme is the RBSO thread lol.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, the good news is that I found that I really liked Shiner Octoberfest even better than Sam Adams Octoberfest.

The bad news is that when I went back to buy more, there wasn't any more. I gotta get my a$$ to Texas ASAP!

FWIW, I didn't like Yeungling's Octoberfest. Too dark and bitter for my taste. Naturally, there was as much as anyone could want still available.
St Arnold's (Houston) isn't bad either.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

I like the Shiner Cheer beer most out of theirs. If you find yourself in the Fort Worth area we should meet up.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I like the Shiner Cheer beer most out of theirs. If you find yourself in the Fort Worth area we should meet up.
The Ruby Redbird and the Wild Hare are particular favorite Shiners of mine. And, I'm not a huge bock fan in general, but dang a FRESH Shiner Bock is mighty tasty!

Hey, all you TX peeps, the Infamous IPA is pretty good! Not quite a Pliney, Fire Eagle or Sculpin, but almost in the same league. Definitely worth trying!
http://www.infamousbrewing.com/ourbeers.html

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Another heavy beer I like with or without a meal is this German smoked beer. I can only drink one as its sooo strong but I still love the taste..

Ahhh, yes. This is my favorite smoked beer. An unmistakable camp-fire/bacon flavor! Love it!

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Here's what's in my kegerator...

(Shiner Bock, in case the Spoetzl Brewery didn't give it away). It's still my favorite, although I'm moving towards brown ales lately. Ellies Brown Ale to be precise....

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Here's what's in my kegerator...

(Shiner Bock, in case the Spoetzl Brewery didn't give it away). It's still my favorite, although I'm moving towards brown ales lately. Ellies Brown Ale to be precise....
Avery brews some good stuff- just emptied an IPA in my kegerator :)
Trying to decide on a Holliday keg.
Cheers, Mac

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Personally, I'm not a big fan of Brown ales. Too sweet for my palate.

PG.....I guess that means you're in TX?

Dang! You guys are making me miss my kegerator! I still have all the hardware. But I used a chest freezer with a Johnson thermostat. It's been converted back to a freezer for the last 3-4 years.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
After two years in Germany, I really liked Maisels Weisse Kristall. I found a microbrew out of Minnesota that makes an uncannily close beer to this, but I can't remember the brand. I don't even remember what the label looks like.
Now my favorite is probably Shiner Bach. I also like an occasional Rolling Rock or Newcastle Brown Ale. Blue Moon when we go out to eat, if the restaurant has no better choice. It has become a bit of a standby.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Well I have this waiting for me for December 1st.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis